• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G issues

skunis1

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2009
Not sure if anyone else is having a problem with 4G today. I was fine this morning and now I cannot do anything on 4G. Looks like it is trying to connect to 4G but cannot. I force it into 3G and all is fine.

A couple of weeks ago I was losing 4G all day and read to pull the SIM card as there is an issue with how VZW SIMs connect to the data network. Seemed to fix that issue and now I cannot get 4G to work.

Lucky you guys. I have a 4G phone in a 3G only area... but I hear we'll be getting 4G two months after Hell freezes over >.<

break out your ice skates, the big freeze might be coming soon. Considering we finally got ICS, the ice may be forming in your area soon.

For what it's worth, I recently got the 4g upgrade and I have to say that your not missing out on much. 3g on the rezound really runs fast, our phones have some nice hardware inside it making 3g almost feel like 4g service..... or so I think.

Upvote 0
LOL... Yeah, I have been hearing about 4G here like the Rezound has been hearing about ICS... From manager at corporate Verizon Store: will get it by Labor Day (last year), then it was by Christmas, then by the end of first quarter 2012, then by end of June, and now he says by end of summer. Typical VZW, I expect it last quarter of 2014 at this rate. :)

Upvote 0
I guess it depends on area, I was just on vacation in a 3g area but speedtest showed over 2 mb down. If I had that at home I would of stuck with incredible, our 3g is lucky to hit 200kbs, 4g is 5-10 but if you have solid 3g save your battery :) with 4g off it seemed like this phone lasted forever on a charge.

3230313c-f0dc-1cb3.jpg

I wouldn't write off 4G yet...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones