4g live in 7 new cities in 4 states,are you one the lucky one to get it now

Last Updated:

1. Lord_Kaizer

Lord_Kaizer Member This Topic's Starter

Clearwire announced on Thursday that it has begun rolling out its 4G WiMAX service to seven new cities in four states. The lucky seven include Eugene, OR., Merced, CA., Visalia, CA., Yakima, WA., Tri-Cities, WA., Rochester, NY., and Syracuse, NY. Folks in these locales who are already rocking an HTC EVO 4G or an Overdrive 3G/4G mobile hotspot can sit back and enjoy their newly acquired 4G speeds. Those of you still sporting last year

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

3. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Merced? Why would they worry about rolling it out in a tiny town like that before completing all of the major metropolitan areas?

4. Lord_Kaizer

@archercc. That's what I was wondering about too its like they are afraid of the big cities cause I heard 4g doesn't do well with big buildings or something like that,but I got like 1bar of 4G around 34th street & it was 2.73mbps with speedtest,that jus makes me want it even more...

5. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

sprint is not afraid of big cities but it is difficult to get permits for new towers

Lord_Kaizer likes this.
  6. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member

Come on bring it to Hampton Roads VA!!!!

7. Lord_Kaizer

@Rigmaster..Yeah that makes sense,keeping fingers cross

8. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

ughhhh....dont understand why rochester gets it before buffalo lol. only an hour away...so hopefully ill see it soon

9. septro

septro Well-Known Member

I was visiting Syracuse 2 weeks ago and it was already live in some parts of the city, mostly around the university.

10. AndroidMax

AndroidMax Well-Known Member

I read on the Sprint Forums that it is more likely to appear in cities that have only one cable provider, due to some Clear Wire requirement having to due with the cable company owning the hardware...

I don't have the slightest clue what that means.... I do know that Indianapolis is a two cable company town. Insight and Brighthouse.... We are not scheduled to get it here for at least another year, according to Sprint... I will follow up with a clarification if I can confirm this...

11. Velocd

Velocd Well-Known Member

Merced and Visalia already had Clearwire infrastructure in place. I live in fresno between the 2 of them and I we have clearwire towers up as well but they only really cover places that are on the outskirts of town.

12. viggs74

viggs74 Active Member

Most of Rochester NY have been live since I got the phone on June 4th. I guess they are just making it official now.

13. Eve Oh

Eve Oh Active Member

Its really annoying for them to install it in random small towns with like 5 people just because its california. They are ignoring entire states, even the largest cities/capitals on those states.

Jerks.

14. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

Everyday that passes I am getting more and more bars and more coverage areas of 4G in Montgomery County, MD (suburbs of DC metro area).

I'm loving looking at that Clear coverage map.

15. C_Dub

C_Dub Well-Known Member

Sigh...I guess they'll ignore the 405 for as long as possible.

16. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

Where is Clearwire based out of? If I had to guess it would be the state of Washington. They are plastering that state with WiMax coverage.

What makes the state of Washington so special?

EDIT: They are based out of the state of Washington. That was an easy assumption.

17. maw4bc

maw4bc Well-Known Member

don't fret, when you get it, it will be so spotty you wont even be able to use it. (DFW)

18. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

Because high speed Internet options in small towns are limited, where as in major metros there are 20 different ways you can get broadband. Turning up 4G in an area that maybe has DSL in some parts is a huge win for everyone.