• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G LTE Battery Drain

This may or may not be an actual issue but here it is..

My normal area is fully 4G. Basically I am either in wifi or 4G 100% of the time. Recently I visited a city that apparently is fully 4GLTE. Initially I was excited (i know, I'm a geek) but that quickly disappeared when I soon noticed that my battery was vanishing at an alarming rate. Normally in about 4-5 hours of my normal usage, I am down to about 65-68% battery life. In 4G LTE I was down under 50% in only 3 hrs. Is that normal? Thanks for the feedback.

This may or may not be an actual issue but here it is..

My normal area is fully 4G. Basically I am either in wifi or 4G 100% of the time. Recently I visited a city that apparently is fully 4GLTE. Initially I was excited (i know, I'm a geek) but that quickly disappeared when I soon noticed that my battery was vanishing at an alarming rate. Normally in about 4-5 hours of my normal usage, I am down to about 65-68% battery life. In 4G LTE I was down under 50% in only 3 hrs. Is that normal? Thanks for the feedback.

4G LTE is a great thing, it really is..

However, battery life has still not caught up to the speeds of 4G LTE, meaning, it drains your battery at an alarmingly quick rate.

Don't be surprised if it goes down that quick, it might be a little fast, meaning it could be having trouble in some areas to keep the 4G but rest assured, if you do not have an extended battery, 4G will drain your battery that quick.

Reactions: wutwutman
Upvote 0
Ok this has been bothering me as well. I live in a community with 4g, I often go to the next big town with LTE, battery life is exponentially worse.

I don't understand how it kills the battery that fast when I am NOT using my phone.

What gives?

My phone is on standby, it still gets hot and battery goes dead. Does anyone think that JB might help this issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones