4G lte coming

1. Firewill10

Firewill10 Well-Known Member

From many reports I have seen boost will have 2 4g lte phones by the end of the first quarter. One phone is to be HTC one sv and the other is a ZTE. I will try to find a link but Google it it pops up. I am just amazed that the phones are completely new to the market and haven't been out a year first

Advertisement
    :
  2. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

OK...but I don't have much faith in Sprint actually installing LTE in my area any time soon. Knoxville, TN is a decent size town and we never got wimax.
  3. Madroxide

Madroxide Well-Known Member

Same for Huntsville Alabama. No 4g of anykind from sprint.
  4. nyislanders

nyislanders Member

Same for Long Island, NY... Not even WiMax here. No 4g from Sprint at all.
  5. Firewill10

Firewill10 Well-Known Member

On the bright side atleast 4g lte they are expanding
  6. kwknott

kwknott Well-Known Member Contributor

I live in a small town in va and they just upgraded to 4g in our area
  7. SulkyAndroid17

SulkyAndroid17 Well-Known Member

The sprint website shows that Knoxville has supposedly undergone "enhancements". Not exactly when or what, but at least it shows that Sprint is actively trying to do better...maybe.
  8. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

My response would be... So what?

With a 2.5gb cap, 4g lte vs wimax vs 600kbps 3g won't really make much of a functional difference which you're on.
  9. SulkyAndroid17

Who says there will be a cap on 4g lte?
  10. guyphs

guyphs Well-Known Member

Okay. You can go ahead and think there's not going to be a cap if that's what you're into.
    SelfElevated2 likes this.
  11. ZingBot

ZingBot Well-Known Member

Yep...I don't think it's a coincidence they are implementing the 2.5gb threshold for all Boost users shortly before releasing the first LTE phones.
  12. SulkyAndroid17

LTE is suppose to have more bandwidth capacity than 3g or wimax, but only time will tell if they cap us. Boost and Virgin are the only MVNO's that I know about to get LTE on Sprint's network . So maybe there's hope, but this data cap is about Sprint protecting what bandwidth they have for the post-paid customers. Virgin, Boost, Straight Talk, Net 10, and others all operate on the Sprint network. There's not enough bandwidth to go around for all of us. After the cap worked well on Virgin around this time last year they decided it's now time for boost to receive it too.
  13. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

That's because the HTC is a mid range phone and the ZTE is a budget model, probably won't see any relatively high end LTE devices on Boost or Virgin until at least the 3rd quarter. They just wouldn't fit in Sprints portfolio.