• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G LTE Problems

Can you just go back to the store? I'm assuming no, since that seems like an obvious answer.

If you have to call VZW CS from your hotel phone, ask them to call you back so you don't end up with a huge bill from the call. They were willing to do that for me recently when I was in Puerto Rico.

If I got it at a Radio Shack will that make any difference? Can they swap out my phone on the spot like a VZW store can? There are no VZW stores close to here (hence having to go to Radio Shack).

Upvote 0
I too am having radio issues...I get little to no 3g on the main floor of my house when I got full 3g with my Droid X, and when I go upstairs 4g kicks on, but only 1 sometimes 2 bars with around 5mbps down and .5mbps up. Not sure if this is something I should complain about to Verizon? What do you guys think? Should I just suck it up or is this maybe a problem?

Upvote 0
I had data problems as well when I first got home, no data at all but worked when I left so I had to go back to the store and turned out the idiot rep invalidated my sim card with somebody elses who went in and bought a Thunderbolt.. no idea what happened the AM didnt know what he did either but they set me up on a new sim and haven't had an issue with data since. At least they waived my activation because of it

Upvote 0
At my home, the verizon map says i'm right on the edge of 4g coverage, but still definitely in 4g coverage. I never get 4g coverage at home. At my work place, the map says I'm in the "extended coverage" area, right on the border to the actual coverage area, and there I also never get 4g. It's a little lame since I left att partly for verizon's lte, and now I've basically downgraded from a consistent 3 - 6mb speed coverage to the dark ages 3g which barely gets 1mb and is comparable to a spotty wifi connection. I might be moving in a couple months so that will solve the home problem but I don't care about that cus I can use wifi at home. I care more about having 4g at work and on the commute there.

I have the razr right now and probably won't receive my backordered gnex until around new years. I wonder if that will do any better. If I put my address into the map form, which is supposed to tell you whether you will receive lte, it says I should both at home and work. I live in the suburbs outside of philly, so hopefully if they even slightly expand the network, I will start to get coverage.

Upvote 0
Verizon was having 4g issues a few weeks back. Rumor was thats one of the reasons the Gnex was held up.. Who knows but Vzw rep said they are aware of the 4g issues and are working on a stable repair.?.? Not sure what that means. I guess they patched up some software and the patch on the servers was temp? Anyway report to CSR in your area if you are having issues. They said priority to larger 4g cities and problem reports.

Upvote 0
I had data problems as well when I first got home, no data at all but worked when I left so I had to go back to the store and turned out the idiot rep invalidated my sim card with somebody elses who went in and bought a Thunderbolt.. no idea what happened the AM didnt know what he did either but they set me up on a new sim and haven't had an issue with data since. At least they waived my activation because of it

Well, I've had data problems for 7 hours now, so I highly doubt it's going away. Guess I'll try to go back to Radio Shack and see if they can swap it out. /sigh

Upvote 0
If you have already done the basics stop reading now.

I had a similar issue with my Droid Charge. I took the sim out and cleaned it with a little alcohol and a clean cloth. I gave it a good buffing. Put the sim back in and made sure it was seated properly. Data came back without issue.

Battery pull while phone is on is also a good place to start.

Upvote 0
No 4G issues here. I stopped by a vzw store on the way home from work, wanted to do a quick check on reception. The Nexus on display was at -103dBm, had 4G. 2 bars I think...

My Rezound was at -80dBm, also with 4G. Did a speed test on both while I was at the store. The Rezound was around 13 down and almost 4 up. The Nexus was around mid 8's down and 4 up. Did the test twice. Made a few test calls. The Nexus sounded fine too.

Upvote 0
I just got back from a mall where my wife and I had dinner. I know the mall well and the Rezound that I recently returned got solid 4G throughout. Not only did the GNex lose 4G frequently, it also lost 3G for a time and all data!

I'm not happy with this at all. It's just like my Charge was...not good.

Upvote 0
While I was on the phone with the second tier tech support, she mentioned they know about the issue and "a lot" of tickets have been filled out in the system. They are all a "Priority 1" status now.

She was not sure of an ETA for a solution, but she said she would give me a call tomorrow.

Don't believe this for ONE SECOND. Do you have any idea of how many Charge owners were told the same thing? Time after time we were told 'it would be fixed'. There is no fix for bad hardware short of replacing the hardware.

I'd bet the bank this is NOT a software issue. How is that my Bionic is not having this problem? How is the Rezound I returned did not have this problem? How is it the Samsung Charge has this issue as well as the Samsung GNex. Sorry, this is hardware and I sure as hell am not waiting past my return period to find out that's what it was all along. Samsung radios are just crap and I was a fool to think it would be any different in the GNex.

Been there done that.

Upvote 0
Don't believe this for ONE SECOND. Do you have any idea of how many Charge owners were told the same thing? Time after time we were told 'it would be fixed'. There is no fix for bad hardware short of replacing the hardware.

I'd bet the bank this is NOT a software issue. How is that my Bionic is not having this problem? How is the Rezound I returned did not have this problem? How is it the Samsung Charge has this issue as well as the Samsung GNex. Sorry, this is hardware and I sure as hell am not waiting past my return period to find out that's what it was all along. Samsung radios are just crap and I was a fool to think it would be any different in the GNex.

Been there done that.

Sorry, man. I wish I had the solution.

FWIW, the tech rep told me it was a "network" problem. I will give them some time to come up with a solution before I give up.

Good luck with your situation! Do you know what phone you are getting if you return your Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones