• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G LTE Problems

AC is reporting that verizon Gnex has Qualcomm LTE radio, not CMC LTE chip used in Charge. This contradicts what anandtech reported. So who is correct?

As reported on ZDNET, TechRadar did tear down of the LTE Nexus and confirmed CMC LTE chip. They reported it as the 1.2 GHZ Exynos processor in error but its in there none the less.

Cracking Open the Samsung Galaxy Nexus | 41 of 64

Upvote 0
I changed my GNEX out today because of the network dropout problem... which was happening especially at home right up before I went back to the store for the upteenth time.

Got the new phone home and not a single problem... and finally loading it up/setting up thinking it will be with me for longer than a day or two.

Now...

Onto the issues with a battery that only lasts 4 to 6 hours and no volume... what's that you say? you think I meant "LOW volume?"

Semantics

Upvote 0
I live in LOL and even though my house is supposedly in 4g coverage I have never gotten 4G in or outside my house. Typically As I either drive south toward Tampa or head towards the Suncoast Parkway I begin to pick up 4G. I think the map is wrong.:thinking:

I think I have the same problem here in Fort Myers.... If you look at the map I am well within the coverage area, but no 4g signal at home (didn't work on the reHound either) I get coverage when I drive towards the airport and on a couple of the main roads.

My office is actually closer to the "middle" of the 4g zone, but I get the same results as home.

On the other hand I don't really care and didn't even think to look at it until I read about some other having issues as I use my computer or am on wifi when I'm at home & work.. not like I'm missing anything.

I guess at the end of the day LTE is more of a bragging right than anything I really need.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones