4G LTE ServiceGeneral

1. Heloguy

Heloguy Well-Known Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I'm standing at the corner of Park Ave. & 34th St. in lovely Manhattan, NY.
    We now have 4G!
    The speeds are incredible. I figured I would start a thread to see where else our members are getting 4G service.
    Post away!

Advertisement
    k28king1 and LilBit like this.
  2. LzrdKng74

LzrdKng74 Active Member

Sup dude. Beautiful day today in the city! I bought 2 HTC One SV's (one for my GF)in the Bronx for $275 each little over a month ago and been having 4G around the Bx and Westchester County off and on in places. There is some coverage even in Rockland County. I was surprised initially when I first activated them that I immediately had 4G coverage. I have constant 4G right outside the city borders where I currently live.
  3. Heloguy

I've had mine for 2 weeks and today was the first day I noticed it. I live in Jersey, but I work in the city.
  4. i2f

i2f Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm thinking about buying this phone. I was wondering if anyone has tested the new LTE speeds in Philly. Is it any much faster than 3g?
  5. Heloguy

4G is much faster, when you can get it. It still isnt available everywhere yet. I dont think they should sell phones that are 4G until they can provide the service. Thats just my $.02 but the phone is great. Fast , snappy and very responsive (with Shinru's Kernal)
    LilBit likes this.
  6. k28king1

k28king1 Well-Known Member

I am in the Bronx, and the 4g lte on this phone is incredible! Amazingly It's just as fast as my home WiFi.
  7. Mako 230

Mako 230 Well-Known Member

I think there still working on it here in Pinellas county fl. it's on and off. When It's on it's freaking fast! Sometimes I get 20 meg down.
  8. k28king1

I used speedtest.net app today and I got 20mbps download, and 5mbps upload, that's enough to make most people's home broadband cry.
  9. Mako 230

That's what I use. I love watching that needle explode into the red area and finish the download portion in a few seconds. It's so much faster than 3g.
  10. k28king1

Especially sprints 3g, It's horrifically slow. Its like night and day. This phone is such a pleasure to use.
  11. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

Be glad you can get 4g lte, I live in a area where's there's barely 3g and its so slow.
  12. k28king1

Wow! That sucks .. where are you located? And there may be hacks to get your service to work on other towers while staying within boosts network, they do tend to be a bit complicated though.
  13. svz235

svz235 Well-Known Member

So far nothing in Las Vegas :(
  14. Mikessv

I'm in Burlington County, NJ about an hour or so from NYC. My service is good just no 4g and slow 3g.
  15. Heloguy

same for me at home. i live in Monmouth County. However, i work in Manhattan, and the 4g is great.
    Mikessv likes this.
  16. Mikessv

I get 4g if I'm in Philly just not lte but its still pretty fast. I may be making a trip to Nyc..I can't wait to get 4g late.
  17. Mikessv

What were these hacks you were talking about to work off other towers?
  18. Mako 230

You mean like this?

Attached Files:

19. k28king1

More like this :)

Attached Files:

20. davidx385

davidx385 Member

I just started getting 4G in eastern PA, even though the coverage map says there is no 4G here.. however it seems to be about 50% of the time 4G, and then it switches back to 3G, but when I do get 4G its fast! :D