4G LTE vs. 3G and 4GSupport

1. johnnn3433

johnnn3433 New Member

Advertisement
  2. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

LTE is a type of mobile phone technology marketed as 4G, but it (and all of its competitors) is not 4G. However, LTE is the fastest offering in the market, rivaling broadband landline connection speeds, and it's much faster than Sprint's "4G" (WiMax) and AT&T/T-Mo's "4G" (HSPA+).

True 4G networks aren't even in development yet and you won't see them for years and years to come.

So yes, LTE is much faster than 3G.
  3. Chris2183

Chris2183 Well-Known Member

Source please, I was under the impression that WiMax and LTE were true 4G. I would really like to read more about it.

In regards to the OPs link, its a blog that contains nothing that most people here didnt already know. With a June registration, and only one post that contains a link to his blog, I assume hes only here to try to promote it
  4. shadowdude777

Chris2183 likes this.
  5. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

Try out the speedtest.net app and set for yourself. Fastest download I've gotten on 3g was just under 2Mbps, 4g I've gotten 12Mbps.
  6. GunnerJim

GunnerJim Well-Known Member

I have logged 1.5MB Down with 3G on a great day and up to 30MB Down on 4G on a great day. Depends on the device, the Charge gave me those speeds, the LG Revo gave me 1MB down 3G, 12MB down on 4G in Seattle for both phones. Either way, LTE is good stuff, just bring the Battery... 'Cause your gonna need it for those extra MB's/G's...
  7. shadowdude777

I'm sure that, as LTE radios get more and more developed, they'll become more efficient, like HSPA+ radios.