• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G mobile hotspot still free?

those of you in 4G areas, are you still getting the mobile hotspot for free? I was wondering if the update fixed that? I still have access but I didn't add it as a feature

According to some other threads yes .. those in 4g areas can still use the Hotspot for free when on 4g. I suspect they will have this fixed (and by fixed I mean broken lol) soon or with the 2.2 release

Upvote 0
According to some other threads yes .. those in 4g areas can still use the Hotspot for free when on 4g. I suspect they will have this fixed (and by fixed I mean broken lol) soon or with the 2.2 release

Yup, I stumbled upon this, this morning. I wanted to show up my buddy with his Nexus One running a fresh version of Froyo. We both fired up our mobile hotspots and started walking with our laptops to see who lost signal first. We literally lost signal at the exact same time, HA!

I was on 4G though and he was on a measly 3G on T-Mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones