4g network disconnectedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Adlebo

Adlebo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I live in nyc where according to sprints coverage map I'm located in a dark blue area where 4g is supposed to be working even indoors. However, when I try to connect to 4g indoors my phone always tells me "4g network disconnected". The only time I get 4g is if I'm outdoors and even then it sometimes disconnects after a few minutes. So is this what we have been waiting for? For a 4g speed that only works if you're outside? I'm wondering if this is only in NYC or in all other places that officially have 4g? I can't believe that I'm paying 10 dollars extra for a service which I won't be able to use 90% of the time!

Advertisement
  2. Orbiting234

Orbiting234 Member

The 2.5GHz signal of WiMax doesn't penetrate buildings as well as lower GHz signals such as 3G. This is just the way the physics of radio waves work and isn't a fault of ClearWire's WiMax deployment itself. A densely packed area like NYC probably only makes this ten times worse than it would be anywhere else. While I have had almost no problems in my suburban area, downtown is pretty much unusable for 4G.