4g not working after DI18 updateSupport

Last Updated:

1. andyrubin

andyrubin Banned This Topic's Starter

4g working right before the update. After the update (DI18 OTA) it shows 4g being connected (2 4g bars) but nothing works. Internet, speedtest app, anything that requires internet times out. Anyone else experiencing this problem any suggestions? I have turned it off and on but that's not helping.

Advertisement
  2. andyrubin

I currently don't have insurance and it is now past 30 days, is it possible to still have it replaced or exchanged?

3. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Of course! There is a one year warranty on all Sprint phones. You might can even get it replaced without taking it in to a store. Call tech support, if they can't fix it with trouble shooting they may just put you over to a dept. that can send out a replacement phone; happened with my last phone.

But, you really should have insurance on a $500 piece of equipment. What happens if its lost or you get water damage??

andyrubin likes this.
  4. andyrubin

thanks for the heads up nchargreed. I'll actually visit the store tomorrow... Oh how I hate reinstalling all the software.

5. nchargreed

nchargreed Well-Known Member

Andy, you won't have to reinstall software. You will have to reconfigure your settings, but your software is backed up automatically through your google account, just like your contacts and calendar.

Some of the software I have has an option built into the app that allows you to backup its settings and those backups are stored on your SD card. You might want to look at your apps and see if any of yours offers that option.

There are also apps that will back up the data and settings of most apps. I'm currently using MybackupPro that I found in the Android market. You may want to get one before you trade out your phone.