4g not workingSupport

1. Overloaded

Overloaded New Member

I have a t mobile galaxy s2 and have had it for two days now and I had an internet connection the first
    day and now the 4g network is not working. I can make phone calls and send regular texts but it wont allow me to connect to the internet. I have spoke to tmobile and they said I may need a new sim card,however its brand new. Any ideas of what went wrong and how can fix it? Please help

Advertisement
    :
  2. Jimbo droid

Jimbo droid Well-Known Member

Go to wireless and networks then mobile networks

Then put a check on use packate data and a check on data roaming. Hope thats helps
  3. Overloaded

Overloaded New Member

have tried that nothig seems to work thankthough
  4. Jimbo droid

Exchange with tmobile if you got it from them within 30 days. Or 1 year from samsung yull have to send it in . Also try a factory reset go to privacy and hit factory reset. Also pull the battery out before the factory reset and reboot.
    Overloaded likes this.
  5. surkins

surkins Member

Just adding something for future reference:
    If you had a Blackberry Data plan, and switched to a Samsung Galaxy S2, you would have to contact your carrier so that they can switch from a BB plan to a Android data plan. Then your 4g would work. Just wait 3-4 hours after the switch. That's what happened to me :)
  6. supercooled

supercooled New Member

Thanks Jimbo, I started a thread just a few minutes ago for the same thing and your suggestion worked. I guess us Droid noobs need to learn by trial and error but thankfully there's a community to back us up when we're ready to throw in the towel.

This problem had me so frustrated yesterday.

Thanks again!
  7. Jimbo droid

No problem supercooled always here to help anyone. Glad to hear it worked the T-Mobile galaxy s2 is a great phone minus a few glitches.
  8. Dark Penguin

Dark Penguin Active Member

I've been having this issue as well. To be honest, I wasn't expecting 4G to work in the first place, because when I looked up the device on GSMArena, here, there was no mention of 4G capability. Obviously, then, this wasn't a dealbreaker when I decided to order this phone, but now having received it and having found that there is a setting to enable 4G access, I'd like to have it work. My carrier swapped in a new data plan for 4G devices (no extra charge), so it doesn't seem that I need to order anything extra from them. It's still not really a dealbreaker, but why shouldn't I try it out anyway?
  9. OrlandoFL

OrlandoFL Active Member

Overloaded, you may need to call T-mobile support that sounds like it may be an account issue.
  10. Arrowslinger

Arrowslinger Active Member

Is it happening everywhere? I noticed in the city where I bought my phone 4G worked all the time. But at my home and in building at work I get the E in status bar, I can use the phone and surf but SLOW. Now if I step outside at work 4G works.
  11. MsDoloD81

MsDoloD81 New Member

Jimbo! I had the same problem today and if it wasn't for your post I wouldn't know what to do! It's working now so thanks so much!!
    Atma likes this.