• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Not Working

treblemaker

Lurker
Jan 25, 2013
My 4G data has not been working at all for the past couple weeks. My cell reception is fine. The data is not slow or spotty, it's just flat out not working. I've asked everyone else on my family plan about it and they all say theirs is working fine, so it's not the plan. The phone is about a year and half old.

Please don't suggest to turn my phone off and on again. Trust me, I tried that.

Any other help would be greatly appreciated!

What device do you own? I can move this to your devices section. :)
Maybe it's your APN settings?

I have a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S.

First off, a big FAT welcome to the site :)!

I am with Metroid Prime as far as moving this thread. There is a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Blaze) which _might_ be in the Samsung Galaxy S 4G section, or the Samsung Galaxy S2 T-Mobile section; both of which are 4g phones. The regular Samsung Galaxy S phone is only 3G capable.

So I would like to ask you for the specific model number of your phone so we can move it to the proper section of this site. I don't ask this as a corrective action, just as an organizational action. You can find the specific model number underneath your battery. Posting this will help facilitate moving your thread to the proper section; or even just leaving it here if it is best to do so.

And I ask for this clarification even if the replies regarding the APN settings given have helped you since moving it to the proper section will help others who may come across this problem.

TIA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones