4G Phone by Summer? Oh rly

Last Updated:

1. acp

acp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Yep. So much for Sprint getting left behind as so many whiners and complainers have cried about lately. With the SS and 4G up and running by summer, they will be well ahead of everyone else :D

3. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

if the supersonic is out by june, that would be phenomenal!

4. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Thank you, I'm in the process of pulling an all nighter to get my work done...this made my night! :D

5. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

6. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

7. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

WiMAX will cover one billion people in 2011, coming soon to NYC and San Francisco

With this kind of 4G coverage, it stands to reason that Sprint wants a WiMAX enabled phone as bad as we do.

If we have to wait until June, I don't think that's too bad, especially considering the type of device this is probably going to be. Every few months HTC seems to outdo themselves and the Bravo, now the HTC Desire is an example of that. Chances are the HTC Supersonic, or whatever it will be called in a few months will be even better than the phones that were announced at MWC.

8. billsmed

9. billsmed

@mbell75

I hope you're not going to get the last laugh, when you said the March release date was "laughable". I'm really looking forward to this new phone, but I can wait until April, May or even June to get it.

BTW, thanks for posting the link above. It's really encouraging. We also have the Sense UI update to look forward to next month on our Heroes.

10. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

finally,i had decided to wait till the end of march for a CTIA announcement of a new phone from sprint, this looks like the PERFECT oppurtunity to show off the phone! and for me to buy it!

11. pkpmoa1536

pkpmoa1536 Well-Known Member

Now, let me ask the question: It seams as though Sprint is planning to have this phone in our hands BY summer, so, who thinks that we'll see this thing announced @ CTIA? Also, do you think that an announcement at CTIA would even be in line with the time line that Sprint has in mind?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised either way if Sprint does or does not make an announcement next month, but I believe that we won't see any word till after CTIA. No real evidence to support this, just a hunch. I see the Supersonic (if what we've seen in leaked pictures and the rumormill are in fact real) comming to market sometime in May. I say May because I think that HTC and Sprint are going to try to jump the 'new' iPhone this summer (if that ends up coming to fruition as well).

That's my two cents, what do ya'll think?

12. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

Of course it will be announced at CTIA. Dan Hesse is giving a keynote address on March 24th followed by Clearmax and its in Las Vegas which is one of the markets with 4G. Perfect time and place to show it off. Reports are saying it could be in stores as early as April.

13. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

14. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

only problem i have with this is i think HTC would want to be in on this announcement too, first 4g phone in the states on android with their senseUI on a HUGE screen, i'd want to show the phone I BUILT off too, so the keynote should have, sprint, clear, AND HTC, i would think for it to be the SS but it still could be and i hope it is

hell i'd be happy with ann anouncement for the desire or N1 coming to sprint