1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

4G Plans?

1. LalaBoom

LalaBoom New Member

Im new to the whole android family and need some help.

I plan on getting a LG Esteem. I was wondering if I should get the $50 plan or the $60? Ive seen alot of people saying just geting the $50 plan is enough. When I get my Esteem I plan to use Youtube alot and so would it be better to get the $60? Also when they say streaming music do they mean using apps like Pandora and Rhapsody?

Advertisement
    :
  2. AndroidxGuy

AndroidxGuy Well-Known Member

If you want rhapsody then go with the unlimited $60 rhapsody plan and that gives you unlimited data or you can go with the unlimited $60 video on demand plan which they are adding more content to. The $50 plan may see you reach your data limit before the month is over due to youtube and it doesnt come with free rhapsody. Im on the $50 plan and currently at 1.4 GB usage with only a week into my billing cycle and i still have data access but some people on the forum and that i know have reported being cut off the past 2-3 months. Its up to you to chance it and save a few dollars and change plan later if you have to.
  3. Lolas Dad

Lolas Dad Active Member

I have the $60 a month plan which includes unlimited rhapsody and unlimited video content. I see now the plans are split for the choice between the two but when I got my plan in December they were not split.
  4. LalaBoom

LalaBoom New Member

The thing is I wouldn't use the MetroStudio and I would only use Rhapsody some of the time since I have music on my memory card. So if I got the $50 plan it would only be a matter of how much youtube I could watch and how many apps I could have without passing the 1GB cap. Or do you guys think it would be better to just get a $60 plan?
  5. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Well-Known Member

This question may need to under an AT&T discussion but here goes:
    If an existing customer purchases an AT&T 4G Device , will it require a "new" data plan meaning, they lose their current plan/rate and become subject to the higher cost plan that recently went into effect for "new customers"?
  6. raysfan

raysfan Well-Known Member

I just switched to the $50 plan and from what I can tell, video is all the counts toward you'r data. I haven't tried radio apps like Slacker and Pandora, but I heart Radio and Tune in Radio have NOT counted toward my usage. Basic browsing, weather it be in the web browser or through 3rd party apps, have not counted toward my usage either. I will be switching to the $40 plan next month as I rarely watch videos on my phone.
  7. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

im on the $60 plan because i watch a ton of videos on my phone(way over 1GB worth thats for sure). what does metro do if you exceed the limit? do they charge you extra like verizon or do they just cut your connection off?
  8. raysfan

raysfan Well-Known Member

They just won't allow you to stream the video. It will stay on the load screen. You still have 4g access to all other things. It just won't play the video.