• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4g scans, tries to connect, and then says disconnected. Fix?

pemw2000

Mar 9, 2013
I recently rooted my phone (flashed Harmonia), however I've been having this issue since before the root. I've tried all the basic fixes (reboot, pull battery, update prl, update profile) but nothing has been working. From what I have read it could possibly be my MAC address (which I don't know how to gain access to). I would take it in but my warranty is void, and the people at my radioshack are completely useless. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!!!!

I had the exact same thing until recently. For 4 weeks, constant unsuccessful scanning of 4g. I called VM, tried different ROMS, radios, all to no avail. Then last week I picked up my phone and a message stated "Network Update Complete". 4g was back and its been great since.

The VM CSRs were useless. Had no idea there was a network update pending in my area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones