4g Service NorthSide Chicago/Evanston

Last Updated:

1. olszeric

olszeric New Member This Topic's Starter

I just bought the Sprint EVO with 4G, also got the hotspot plan. For the past 48 hours I have not been able to connect to the 4G service at all. I have talked to two techs at Sprint. They suggested I had a faulty phone. Went back to Sprint and they gave me a replacement phone. Still no 4G service. Is this what I should expect 4G service after reading all the posts about Chicago being the "example" city for 4G? Are others experiencing the same thing? Is there currently an outage and I just need to wait it out? Can anyone shed any light?

Advertisement
  2. wiltok

wiltok Member

In my month or so of experience, I am finding 4G to be very spotty. The problem is exacerbated by the fact that when you drop your 4G signal the phone waits 5 mins before trying to reconnect. Which really sucks when you are on the go. 4G works great at my office - which is where i spend most of the time (unfortunately). I don't get any signal at home - oh well but I use wifi there anyway. 4G is a HUGE battery drain - so you can't really use it very long unless you are plugged in regardless...