4G signal in Chicago weaker no lock

Last Updated:

1. apopilot

apopilot Member This Topic's Starter

I just did the update to my EVO with the latest firmware. I no longer can connect to 4G consistly and if I do it lasts for 5 minutes. This started immediately after the upgrade. Any posts or news on this issue?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. tmac4life

tmac4life Well-Known Member

Hey I agree, I thought it was my new replacement phone (0003 model) that was the issue, now I'm thinking its possibly the new firmware. I use to be able to connect practically anywhere, now I can't at home or outside my house. But other places are okay.

3. defrankjs

defrankjs Member

My 4G reception in Chicago has been quite dismal even before the update... Not complaining tho. The network is still in its infancy and I do love my phone.

4. gameday26

gameday26 Well-Known Member

thats kind of weird. i was just at the taste of chicago last weekend and i had no problems connecting to a perfect 4g connection and showing off my download speed ( this was walking down michigan ave)

~fully up to dates on all updates

5. canyouhearmenow

canyouhearmenow Active Member

I had a full 3 bars 4g at navy pier for 4th of july fireworks

6. apopilot

I am wondering if this is happening while I am driving. Does anyone have any comments on 4G signal through Chicago while driving?

7. skpd

skpd Well-Known Member

yeah, 4G is pretty spotty in Chicago Land area. I don't get it at my house (Skokie) but I get it in my office (Niles) - granted my office is at the first floor and has windows to the outside (if I go deeped into the building I loose the signal. 2.4 GHZ does not penetrate well inside buildings)

spotty as it is, it's great when on 4G. was watching the world cup on my 32" monitor at full screen over 4G (USB tethered) yesterday and the picture quality was amazing.

8. apopilot

When you lose 4G signal and it goes to 3G does the 4G every come back. I am usually forced to turn off 4G and turn it back on.