• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G signal in NYC?

Just downloaded the speedtest app from market and getting 125ms. I guess 4g is a marginal improvement but nowhere close to what Verizon is claiming which is 50% lower

What's your download/upload btw?

https://www.lte.vzw.com/AboutLTE/VerizonWirelessLTENetwork/tabid/6003/Default.aspx
LATENCY: The user plane latency achieved in Verizon 4G LTE is approximately 1/2 (one-half) corresponding latency in existing 3G technologies. This provides a direct service advantage for highly immersive and interactive application environments, such as multiplayer gaming and rich multimedia communications..

Upvote 0
I work in Manhattan and the 4g coverage is rock solid. Is all of nyc 4g ? Is say no, not yet. I was in staten island for the day and my thunderbolt was flipping through 4g - 3g -1X. It abused my battery like nothing I've seen before.

So I looked up the area code for where I was 10314. Sure enough no 4g. Thank god I don't live there..

So for those on the borderline 4g area I can see what their issues are.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones