4g signal in the office

Last Updated:

1. choij2000

choij2000 Member This Topic's Starter

so.....i can barely get a 4 g signal in my office.....(only if i hold up and point it towards the window--i can get an intermittent signal)

any ideas on how i can boost that? (i'm in houston)

thanks.

Advertisement
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Sprint 4G uses a very high frequency band. The higher the frequency, the less apt to penetrate physical structures. Still, 3G should be more than adequate. It is for me anyways, but I spent years with just 2G- not even much 2.5G with Tmo ;)

3. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member

4G is an intensely high frequency that does not penetrate walls very well. Outside your 4g signal should boost almost immediately.

4. DeusInnomen

DeusInnomen Member

That's pretty much exactly what I'm experiencing. I'm in the middle of a building, it's only about 20 feet to the outside, but with two walls and everything in between, I get a fantastic 3G signal and virtually no 4G signal until I get near outside. I can get a sort-of signal if I put my Evo on top of my cube's shelving, but it's not stable. ;)

Damn, cause I was looking forward to doing the 4G hotspot, 3G will have to do. :(

5. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

Im in Houston and sit by a window on the 7th floor and get no 4g, its all good tho the iphone users are jealous because co workers keep coming by my desk to check this monster out. The 3g works better on this phone than it did on my pre.

6. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

What's interesting (but understandable) is that people are paying a $10/mo. "premium" for 4G, where the max rate (if I read correctly) will only be ~10Mbs, where 21Mbs speeds can be obtained for $10/mo "total" on T-Mo.