• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4g slow speed

whatsitsname

Android Enthusiast
Jun 5, 2010
I have a new Galaxy s3. Most times when it shows 4g I get subpar speeds in the .04 to .2 mbps range. Its about the same speed when my phone is on the edge network. Only a few times have I gotten 5 to 10 mbps range while on the 4g network. I get full signal bars when doing these test.
I'm on the $30 5gb monthly unlimited data plan which I just activated last night so it can't be throttled already.

I'm new to t-mobile but isn't the speed suppose to be fast when connected to 4g or am I reading my galaxy s3 wrong?

Sacramento/ Elk Grove, CA

Attachments

• 2012-08-04 15.37.05ohno.png
    2012-08-04 15.37.05ohno.png
    161.5 KB · Views: 95
Upvote 0
I really am at a loss.
I have never seen that happen before.

Hopefully someone else has and know what is going on there.

Have you tried to talk to support about it?
I know they don't really like prepaid much but you can try asking the Philippines call center ladies to transfer you to the states.
They usually will.

Upvote 0
I'm having same issue and thought there was differen't "4g" cause of t-mobiles evasiveness about 4g.

in wasco 93280 I live outside of town and get about 1mb max. going slightly south towards shafter i'm looking at 20mb.

is 4g suppose to always be like that? I notice it shifts between hspa 11 or 15 in some cases when looking at status in settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones