1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

General 4G Speeds

1. michael916

michael916 Member

What speeds are you guys getting? My mom has this phone and she's getting at Max 2 up and less than 1 down. I'm on metropcs and I get 4 up and down. Is sprints network really that bad?

Advertisement
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Sprint just doesn't have a lot of coverage for 4G LTE...

I know people who get speeds, on Verizon, upwards to 20Mbps...i normally, since my phones radios aren't that good (Galaxy Nexus), get around 10Mbps.
  3. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

I just tested the 4G speed on my E4GT. I got 9.04Mbps down and 1.42Mbps up. Not bad huh? But this forum is for the Sprint Epic 4G Touch from which has Wi-Max, not LTE. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and LTE coverage here is non existent, but the Wi-Max is good here at my job.
  4. michael916

michael916 Member

So is there a certain setting to turn on Wi-Max? There is 4G in the status bar with up and down arrows but the speeds are still shit and sprints site says theres Wi-Max in Sacramento, CA.
  5. Netcat

Netcat Well-Known Member

Wi-Max is the only type of 4G that this phone can receive. You can turn it on by pulling down the status bar and tapping on the 4G icon, or you can go to home/menu/settings/wireless and networks/4G settings. When 4G is working, the 3G icon will disappear. The speeds can vary a lot depending on the signal strength and your exact location.

Sprint also says there's 4G in my home area but in reality, I can't get it at my house but I can get it about one mile away from my house.
    michael916 likes this.
  6. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

I get about 8-9Mbps down and 1-2Mbps up.
    On occasion, I can get around 10Mbps download.