• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4G sprint/market bug?

Sorry if repeat
I did a factory reset to clear some bugs from stuff.
I go to reload the market "paid apps" and all is well, except the phone boots to 3g, I switch to 4g to speed up the downloads. System stalls, all downloads stopped in thier tracks. I canceled and tried restarting downloads... no luck (checked internet ie: google news and it works fine) did a battery pull and still no downloads even after shuting off 4g. Did another factory reset and all is well again on 3g. for grins, turned on 4g and wham... market stopped reponding and internet works fine. Talked to sprint and they had me update my profile, but the 4g crap repeated and locked until I did another factory reset. I call sprint again and they said this is a market issue, not 4g
I'm in Chicago and wondering if this is indeed normal for our area? or is sprint full of the I dont care customer support? thanks!
(running stock 2.2)

I used 4G to download Market apps yesterday. This was on an Epic 4G, but still...

I did have some minor issues at first though; it would just say "Verifying Purchase" or "Authorizing purchase" or something like that and I turned 4G on hoping that would fix it and it did not. I rebooted the phone, turned 4G on and then the apps (including paid) downloaded perfectly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones