4G Throttling Just Kicked In

1. toothneck

toothneck Member

Wow! Used up my limit in 3 days?! I just got a text from Boost a few hrs ago saying I reached my limit and now I'm slowed down til 3/24. Anyone else get this yet?

Advertisement
    :
  2. goobert

goobert Member

How bad is the slow down is it all the way to 256 or just every now and then?

To be honest this whole unlimited data just kidding bs really pisses me off. They have the bandwidth and frequency spectrum to do unlimited at full speed. It uses the same spectrum as voice calls do and I can have truely unlimited voice. But carriers hogging data with caps is just plain stupid.
  3. rockdoctor1

rockdoctor1 Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree with you. They are playing a game as are all of the other data providers. Data should be unlimited after all it is only Ones and Zeros regardless of what they make up...a call, a text or a video.

And if you think about it....they want you to buy their streaming TV service and this streaming service and that streaming service but do not actually give you the bandwidth to do so...
    2fr3sh likes this.
  4. toothneck

toothneck Member

It is not 256k. I'm still getting up to about 1650kbps at night, when there's low traffic. During the day, not so much.
  5. shadowspawn

shadowspawn Well-Known Member

Because if they gave you truly unlimited everything, there would be no reason to sign a contract with Sprint. You get unlimited everything for up to $40 less per month using the exact same towers. It's the same reason Verizon charges you $70/month for 2 GB of data on a $120 smartphone that would be completely free if you signed a contract with them instead.

@thread: From what I've been told, throttling for 4G phones just kicks you down to 3G and no slower than that. Can you confirm?
  6. toothneck

toothneck Member

Ok, it has now officially gone to 256k for me. This is unbearable. Time to kick Boost to the curb!
  7. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

Better than the <100kbps supposed 3G I've been getting, and I'm not throttled.
  8. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

I couldn't even get past 75kbps when I had Boost before. :(
  9. z3r0

z3r0 Member

You have an idea of how much data you used?
  10. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

If you are asking me, I never went past 2.5 GB.....I barely went past 400 MB so I know I wasn't throttled. The data speeds just sucked in my neighborhood
  11. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Whats the 4g mb limit set at?
  12. kevincott

kevincott Well-Known Member Contributor

I have seen the number 2.5G numerous times.
  13. jplsteel

jplsteel Well-Known Member

The 2.5 GB limit sucks..I get throttled every month. Usually about 1 week into a new cycle. I have no WiFi near me so always on data.
  14. Frank The Tank

Frank The Tank Well-Known Member

Im always on wifi. But no 4g lte( yet). Looking at LG F7. Awesome reviews.
  15. mikey808

mikey808 Member

since i got my gs3 from boost mobile i used up 5.99GB and haven't gotten throttled yet
  16. pyro_guy0001

pyro_guy0001 Well-Known Member

That's weird even on 3G I get about 800KB at day and 1.8MB at night. IG not much sprint/boost mobile users in my area, but the throttle kicked me down to 500KB/1.2MB
  17. MiguelAMX

MiguelAMX Well-Known Member

Why don't you just switch to MetroPCS ? for $60 you get unlimited EVERYTHING and I see no data cap limit anywhere.

I'm an always wifi person; I only use my 4g if I really need to. In fact I avoid using mobile data because I dont want to be throttled for the moment I really need 4G. 3G is horrendous.
  18. mikey808

mikey808 Member

last month i passed my data cap of 2.5GIG and this month i already used up 16GIG with no throttle still have 4G:D [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  19. pyro_guy0001

pyro_guy0001 Well-Known Member

Do metropcs have good androids?
  20. mydian

mydian Well-Known Member

You should really make a new thread with this question, and in the proper forum.

That being said, and me being such the nice guy that I am.. here is a link to Metro PCS's webpage. On this webpage, you'll find the phones they have for-sale. Yes, some are nice. Android Smartphones | Cell Phone Accessories | MetroPCS
    pyro_guy0001 likes this.