4G Toggle WidgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. authority11

authority11 Active Member

Are there any good SGN 4G Toggle widgets yet?

2. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Nope not yet
  3. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Here's a repeat of my Lounge post -

I may be able to help here as I did there if the issue is the same.

Let me know.
  4. andyandroid81891

andyandroid81891 Well-Known Member

is there a good 3g/ lte toggle widget? I cant seem to make a settings short cut.
  5. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Well-Known Member

Nope nothing yet.
  6. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Merged threads together.
  7. foo

foo Well-Known Member

Nothing yet but you CAN get a widget that'll bring you right to the "mobile network settings" screen, which saves a few steps/seconds.

LTE Switch seems to work (for me)....until something is developed to toggle it in widget
    zx10droid likes this.
  8. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Liquid Smooth 3.X by R3D offered a 4G toggle in the notification bar on my Thunderbolt. That is the only thing i REALLY miss about it.

i sure hope a dev will cook this functionality into a custom GNex ROM soon. at least we know it's possible!
  9. capulinflicker

capulinflicker Active Member

This is the one thing I really miss from my HTC. Having a widget on the home screen to toggle mobile network on/off really helped me to conserve battery life. Hopefully something gets developed for the GNex soon because navigating through all the screens becomes a pain in the ass after a while.
  10. Jedi54

Jedi54 Well-Known Member

just wondering if there was any progress on this front?
    I'm fortunate that most of the areas I'm in during the day are 4G but on the off chance I want to turn it off, it would be nice to have a widget
  11. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

There are options if you're rooted. If not, I don't think there is any current widget that functions.
  12. snapcase

snapcase Well-Known Member

Such as?
  13. Tim K

Tim K Well-Known Member Contributor

That 4G widget only works on rooted, custom ROM's unfortunately.

I've been using "4G toggle for Razr" from the market. Its not a real toggle though. More like a shortcut to the setting screen but like foo said, it saves a few steps.
    snapcase likes this.
  14. Jedi54

Jedi54 Well-Known Member

I'd love a toggle switch for rooted, non custom ROM devices.
    I wonder if google will just give us a widget with an update.
  15. jamisont

jamisont Well-Known Member

16. jkc120

jkc120 Well-Known Member

Are you saying the 2G/3G toggle in widgetsoid toggles 3G/4G? I didn't see a 4G toggle in widgetsoid back when I fiddled with it.
  17. jamisont

i m on unrooted GNex so all 2G/3G does is shortcut to network setting.
  18. jpinsl

jpinsl Member

You can use the free app anycut to open up a shortcut to the mobile data settings, then it's just one or two taps to enable/disable data or switch off 4G
  19. jamisont

I found out I can enable/disable data from widgetsoid icon (its called mobile data)
  20. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Well-Known Member

that is different than what the OP wants....that just disables data all together.

for a non stock option, widgetsoid or a shortcut to mobile networks is your best bet.

if you are rooted and are comfortable with ROM'ing, i just flashed AOKP and put a LTE toggle in the notification bar, and it works just fine. took about 15 seconds to connect to 3g, but it worked. switching back to 4g was quick though.