4G toggle?General

1. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

So my mom just got a Lucid yesterday and is a little worried about battery life, its her first 4G phone, so I told her to toggle the 4G off when she's at home and using Wi-Fi, and to use 3G when she's out and about unless she needs the 4G speed for some reason. But we can't find any way to toggle between 3/4G. Is there something we're missing? And she just updated to ICS today if that helps.

Advertisement
  2. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

Try the 4g toggle app from the app store
  3. jhcii

jhcii Well-Known Member

There is no 3g/4g toggle on the phone. But if she has wi-fi at home you can set it up to use wi-fi when it's available. As far as battery life goes, get the extended battery for it, it makes a huge difference, and the stock battery sometimes runs very hot.
  4. mrryanthai

mrryanthai Well-Known Member

There's an app called 4g toggle.It should work.It works on my Breakout
  5. williegeorge

williegeorge Active Member

I have that one. On my Lucid on ICS, it takes me to the "Mobile network settings" screen, but there's no place there to select CDMA like there used to be.

Other LTE toggle apps try to take me to the Phone info screen, but that causes a message saying "Access to phone information is prohibited"
  6. nufan4115

nufan4115 Member

Phone info says that on mine also. Anyone find a toggle that works yet? Also, wifi turns itself on automatically. Two huge battery drains on a phone that has poor battery life anyway isnt "optimal"
  7. z0mb13m4n

z0mb13m4n Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies, but I haven't found a toggle that works yet. If I do find one, I'll be sure to let you all know.