4G up in miami?

Last Updated:

1. Premonition

Premonition Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Im not sure if everyone in miami has 4G yet but i just turned my mines on and it found 4G and connected, so if anyone else didnt know about this now is your chance to try it out :)

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

Sprint/Clear has been testing 4G in Miami for a while now. I have 4G a few blocks from my house...was hoping they would build out to my house but Clear is slowing down development now, putting a freeze on Miami and Denver :(

3. Premonition

my dad is working on the miami project he says it should be up by end of December.

4. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

5. Fubie

Fubie Well-Known Member

LOL figures it wouldn't last. I was enjoying some streaming Netflix, in HD no less, and my connection dropped about an hour ago.

Before I had a 70.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address that was geo-located to be close to Germantown, WI.

Well after reconnecting I noticed my speeds were way down so I checked Speedtest.net again and:

Whichita, KS
    2359 Kb/s down and 613 Kb/s up. Ping 356 ms.

Guess Clear decided they weren't getting enough dough... :eek:

6. eieio

eieio Well-Known Member

None of the build out markets have stopped. Clear has stopped it's local presence in new markets, no more Clear stores for now..

But the network market build outs will proceed as planned..

7. Brooklynzson

Brooklynzson Member

i've been getting 4g all over today...my house (near metro zoo), flagler, fiu....

8. Premonition

same here, my 4G has been running for about 2 weeks now near metro zoo over here

9. drewsg

drewsg Well-Known Member

I get 4G a couple blocks down from where I live

10. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Just received the official email from Sprint that 4G is now live in Miami.

11. Elevated

Elevated Well-Known Member

I get NOTHING here in South Beach/Miami Beach. Quite sad. Even the 3G is horrible slow.

12. tomfoolery

tomfoolery New Member

Sprints coverage map is a joke. I have only found a few blocks of coverage in Miami Beach. Most of Collin's doesn't even get it. I called sprint and they said well you have in building service there. What does that mean I ask? sprint: Well you can only pick it up in a building. me: What building? sprint: just in a building sir. me: I am in a building right now!

I am extremely frustrated by this. We have the same coverage we had months before the 'launch' They just colored in their map.
    Anyone have any word or rumors if and when they will turn on more towers. It's not like I live in the middle of nowhere. It's MIAMI BEACH for Heaven's sake.

also my 3g is lucky to see download speeds of 200kb/s Sometimes it drops down into the teens.