4g vs 3g speed testGeneral

1. tavenger5

tavenger5 Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. Cavemansol

Cavemansol Well-Known Member

Im absolutely shocked at how fast this damn thing is, I was positive that itd only be hitting 10mbps tops, this is incredible. Im sure itll go down over time, but this is amazing. Completely satisfied with the TB
  3. tavenger5

tavenger5 Member

In my test I got 4366 Kbps which = 4.37 Mbps, which is actually on the slow end.

Also, I didn't realize I was such a lurker here, oops :)
  4. karmamule

karmamule Well-Known Member

I was happy with my speed tests on 4g in the 11 to 14,000 Kbps range for downloads, then I noticed I was connecting to a test server in ny rather than Boston. Now I'm getting around 18k. This thing just rips through data!
  5. tavenger5

tavenger5 Member

The thunderbolt is almost as fast as the Droid X when it's connected to wi-fi
  6. JustinHEMI

JustinHEMI Well-Known Member

I am hitting 13.5 down Pittsburgh to Chicago. Upload speed has to be erroneous, I would guess, because it is about double download.

Justin
  7. jamesk84

jamesk84 Well-Known Member

Thats dependent on your wireless speeds. If you pay for 8Mbs internet your phone will not exceed that limit.
  8. jamesk84

jamesk84 Well-Known Member

I did a test this morning and it showed 38/u 45/d

Just did another 25/u 22/d

I would expect to see the average come down to around 10-12 once more people are on the network.
  9. tavenger5

tavenger5 Member

Well, of course. I have a 40/40 connection, but I'm only seeing around 10 when the Droid X is connected to wi-fi. I can't really explain the difference.

That's really good. Where about are you getting these rates?