4g Won't scan. Immediately shuts offSupport

Last Updated:

1. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turn the 4g on and it immediately shuts off when it says scanning. It only rarely actually works and this has only been happening the past month or so. I just rooted it with unrevoked3 last week though. the problem has been before that. I do now have wireless tether installed but I don't have it active when I try to update.

I've tried it with Wireless tether On and Off, with Mobile Connection On and Off, with Sprint Hotspot On and Off, nothing makes a difference. I've rebooted numerous times. The past few days I've been using Advanced Task Killer to kill apps every 30 minutes in aggressive which gives me crazy good battery life even with syncing and fairly bright light and normal usage. Like three days with only two spots of 30 minute charging. It also charges much faster though.

I don't know why it works sometimes. I can't find anything linking the working moments. I'm in a fairly good 4G area when it works, I get around 1.3 megabytes coming down at the peak.

Is there anything I can do? Is anyone else experiencing this? I would think that if it actually scanned, it would take longer than an eighth of a second to do so.

Advertisement
  2. nintennuendo

nintennuendo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Whatevs. Just wiped and installed the newest radios and Fresh Evo. Can I say shit? If so, shit is so cash. 4g works awesome with Wireless tether. The only thing keeping me giving sprint that extra 30 is the USB tethering. I really like that, I get wicked speeds when torrenting. Is there a rooty way to tether via usb without the extra sprint $30?

3. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Easy Tether from the market works great.