4gSupport

Last Updated:

1. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my area will be getting 4g lte. So my question is will my ally support it?

What are some of the benifits to 4g?

Advertisement
  2. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

4G is a lot faster but Verizon's 4G uses LTE network (require's SIM Cards), so no your Ally will not support it, but according to Verizon their 4G network will be backwards compatible, so your Ally wont really see any data-boost but it'll work with the 4G tower's, Verizon doesn't really have any 4G phone's yet =/, which I find funny since Sprint released a 4G (WiMax based, which is slower than LTE) phone even before they had 4G in major areas.

3. GRZLA

GRZLA Well-Known Member

They aren't calling it 4g, its actually called LTE. All future LTE phones require a sim card similar to at&t's headsets. The ally does not and will not support it.

Verizon announced the droidpro yesterday which is one of their lte headsets.

4. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I like the Idea of sim cards. Makes it easy to swap phones. Well I suppose by the time its fully releases and ready my contract will be up and I can get a new phone anyway.

5. Vmanisme

Vmanisme Well-Known Member

The upgrade to LTE should be done by early 2013, they said 2012 at first but than it was pushed to 2013. I expect to see LTE phones for holiday shopping season or early 2011 (the iPhone 5, yes its been confirmed for Verizon, and I still hate it proudly =) ), the con of SIM Cards is phone theft, the con of 4G is the extremely high prices, I will prob stick to 3G if its available until I absolutely have to go 4G, the 4G on sprint costs more, I expect Verizon to raise the price too.

6. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

First 30-something cities get it by the end of the year, but no current phone will support it (think of the 3G upgrade, if you can remember - needed a 3G phone).

7. TFCH8184

TFCH8184 Member

When I bought my ally I asked about 4g and was told that all current 3g phones will support 4g when it comes out.

8. darkxsun

darkxsun Well-Known Member

They will continue to function, but they will not support 4G in the sense of actually acheiving 4G speeds.