4th generation Nexus Speculation Thread

Last Updated:

1. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!

While hanging out in the Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole, This: http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...exus-pre-release-speculation-thread-1776.html

Thread was brought back to light. I thought to myself...we are about a month and a week before the announcement...let's get the ball rolling here.

So what do you think? I think Google is going to go for hardware innovations this time -especially because Jelly Bean just came out. Maybe even light the fire in price wars for off contract cell phones...

Ready. Set. GO!

Special thanks to CaptainRon for reminding us all about this!

2. CaptainRon

CaptainRon Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't blame this thread on me Marc! :D
  3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

I'm excited that it's supposed to be made by Samsung, but with all the recent patent wars I am afraid it might have an effect on the phone, fingers crossed that it won't though :D
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It won't have an effect on the Nexus device. Samsung's lawsuit dealt with two issues: Rounded, retangular boxes and icons that look like Apple's.

The Nexus will have neither. So no lawsuit worries.
  5. halon

halon hakuna matata VIP Member

Does this quote make you our insider? :p :D
  6. MarcMaiden

More like a historian ;) I believe 2/3 Nexus phones were announced around the late October/Early November time frame. Four Nexus phones if you count the original DROID.

Like I posted above, I think Google is going to do a lot of innovating on the hardware and design of the Nexus phone. This is their chance to show people that they are not moved or bothered by the patent disputes by Apple and that they can still innovate the market. I would be very surprised if there were a lot of software changes. I am expecting some new apps though! And of course, updated Google Now.
  7. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

So I thought what's a pre-speculation thread without a link, even though most people who'd be interested have probably already seen a similar one.

New Nexus Rumors: Large Display, Dual-Core, SD Card Slot

I think we need a blurry pic to get the real rumors going. Although I won't be upgrading yet anyway. I think perhaps the 2013 Nexus MAY be a repeat of the original Gnex in terms of hype and user interest because of all the original Gnexers coming out of contract in search of a new device. Thoughts?
  8. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Google's Version of Siri, with some better responses/knowledge. A lot of times it just throws me to google search haha, which is good and all, but i want a straight forward answer.

Could use a little more blur
    iowabowtech likes this.
  9. iowabowtech

^^ Rounded corners. I smell lawsuit. :D
  10. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

Potential, begins, for biggest thread ever! Even more so if a Verizon Nexus finds itself in the rumor discussion!

11. MarcMaiden

I think there is a good chance for the Nexus to be on Verizon. Either that, or Google will work out a way so that people can just buy the Nexus off contract and have it work on multiple LTE networks....who knows :)

All I know is, I want the phone to be made out of a new material. I fee like my favorite nexus body design/material was the Nexus one....that thing felt sooooo goooooood in the hand...
  12. halon

I think Verizon will get one again. This time they better go for battery. I'm sick of companies trying to make the thinnest phone. They are fine the way they are now so how about we start using better batteries or bigger ones until then.
  13. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

I agree. Come on Google! Make this happen! I want a Nexus with battery which rivals that of the Droid RAZR Maxx!

Why am I yelling? :mad:;):rolleyes::D
  14. binaryhermit

binaryhermit Well-Known Member

I thought the rumor was that there would be nexus devices from multiple manufacturers this time.
  15. halon

Yep. Lg, Sony and Samsung...for phones. Asus made a Nexus tablet. The original rumor was 5 devices.
  16. MarcMaiden

Nokia has proved that it can make a beautiful, powerful, and gracefully designed phone with out have to play the "thinnest phone" pissing contest. The new Lumia 920 is getting really great impressions for it's design and its 10.3 mm thick....the Verizon Nexus is 9.5....imagine how much extra battery you could squeeze in that extra 1mm - doesn't sound like much much it's enough to make a huge difference!
  17. blink182

blink182 Well-Known Member

maybe they will go with LG? 100 MP camera 'oughta do it!
  18. halon

A wishful thinking article on TheVerge talks of a Nokia 920 Nexus. That would make for a nice Nexus phone.
    MarcMaiden likes this.
  19. MarcMaiden

Now that the iPhone has launched and was quite disappointing, Google has a chance to really innovate and possible take some of the light off the iPhone .... what do you guys think?
  20. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I can't for the rumors and speculation to begin over the blogs. The next Nexus will definitely outshine the new iPhone. Hell, our current Nexus outshines it.
  21. iowabowtech

I call on the better battery and raise you a decent freakin battery cover. Like one I don't need to be held in place by a case because the little paper thin clips are broken. That said, if I have to complain about something I'd rather it be a non essential item like than rather than the internals.
  22. halon

I Google almost everyday about a new Nexus using different search words but nothing ever comes up. So close to a new one and not really anything showing up on the internets.
  23. jmar

jmar Nexican VIP Member

This thread is lonely without any real rumors.:rolleyes:
  24. halon

jmar likes this.
  25. Skyroket

Skyroket Well-Known Member

Tegra 3 or Omap 5 maybe something else? Or omap designed for tablets.

i personally don't like 5" idea! 4.6 is just perfect maybe 4.7