• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5.0.1 Update

I don't think I did, I never flashed the bootloader image, I only flashed boot.img, cache.img, recovery.img and system.img.

I did. The bootloader and boot.img aren't the same thing. You probably will be okay not flashing the bootloader, but I like to keep my versions current.

Reactions: xdrc45
Upvote 0
Cool, I figured boot.img was different from the actual bootloader. If you flash the new bootloader do you need to unlock it again?
the boot.img contains the kernel. As for flashing the bootloader, it will not put it back in a locked state. The only way that can be done is by using the fastboot oem lock command, or choosing to lock it using the BootUnlocker app while rooted.

Upvote 0
Just got my update a few minutes ago. I'm hoping it'll address some of the poor battery performance issues I've been having.

I'm curious how the update affected your battery issues - if at all. Prior to the update I was getting at least 4 days out of my battery. I use my Nexus mainly for phone calls. Now I am not even getting 24 hours out of it before the battery needs charging. So I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones