5.0.5 CyanogenMod 5.0.5 available!

Last Updated:

1. shrink57

shrink57 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just cranked up the latest version of ROM Manager and there it is - CyanogenMod 5.0.5 (listed as stable). Gotta run. Time to flash!

Advertisement
  2. ssantan2

ssantan2 Well-Known Member

flashed in about an hour ago, so far so good but I dont see any new features, also I lock button doesnt work nemore :(

3. shrink57

I do see that the phone answers on the first ring without having to use the build.prop fix and Youtube is in place. Hopefully there will be a changelog soon...

4. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Mine works fine. Did you disassociate it accidentally with Spare Parts? Make sure the end button is set to lock.

5. shrink57

6. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

7. shrink57

Running my standard SD card that came with my Droid - no problem. I did hear that the class 6 card is needed (or at least recommended) for some of the HD tweaks for shooting hq video but all here is well.

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I was talking about apps2sd in that post

9. shrink57

Oops, my bad. Sorry :rolleyes: Thought you were talking about the update :cool:

10. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

So.

I'm running Smoked Glass 6.0.1 with Pete's low voltage kernel at 1Ghz.

I've also got the Helix launcher installed.

I'm getting fabulous battery life. I can go 12 hours with moderate usage and still be at 50% battery life.

So why would I want to change to this ROM? Not dissing it, just an honest question. I've been reading about it since the original 9 or whatever it is page thread and I'm not seeing what features I'm currently missing.

Thanks.

11. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I haven't tried this newest release, but I used it a good deal prior to my current ROM (BB) and I wasn't all that impressed with it. The availability of themes is pretty nice, but other than that, nothing special. I'm much happier with BB right now, so if you're satisfied with that, I would stick with it.

12. shrink57

It is so easy to try roms (even switch between Clockwork and SB Recovery) you really have nothing to lose giving any new ROM a test drive. Changelogs and user responses help but there is nothing like trying it yourself and forming your own opinion.

13. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Koush posted this over on his forum:

Koush: "a2sd is there, but you need to partition the sd card yourself. I'll be updating rom manager to do this later."

Looks like we won't have to partition the card ourselves, though I am still unsure if the sd card that was supplied by verizon will work. I have also heard that the class 6 is recommended. Definitely will be picking one up if that is the case.

14. slick_old

slick_old Well-Known Member

Soooooooooooo has the cell/standby issue been fixed? I searched the Cyanogen thread but didn't see anyone mention it.

Has anyone tried the built-in USB tether?

15. shrink57

I hate to invest in a class 6 card before the 32gb cards arrive. My 16gb card is bursting at the seams (lots of mp3's). I think having a nearly full card is also slowing down my system as it takes forever to initialize when I reboot (it must be checking all my media files). Class 6 will help but I need the extra leg room.

16. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

Understandable, I really don't listen to mp3's (only have maybe 15 on the card). Pandora is enough for me. I still have 92% space on my original card lol.

17. shrink57

18. andy44512

andy44512 Active Member

updated mine to this version about an hour ago. the true test will be at work on Monday. i`ll get pandora up for the last 2.5 hours to help kill of the last of my 10 hr shift.

19. Fabolous

In case anyone was still wondering, here's the changelog (though some of the N1 specific ones probably don't apply)

20. huytung

huytung Well-Known Member

just curious what's everyone favorite theme so far for this ROM? i'm using flavored ice right now and i don't know it just doesn't catch my interest of my eyes yet.

>Fab, ignore my stupidness but what's the full screen browser...i don't really see any differences when it's on haha

21. Fabolous

It just gives you a few more pixels by removing the notification bar. But it feels more seamless, as the page takes up the entirety of the screen.

I'm waiting for the release of NexTheme 2.0 for Droid to flash a theme.

22. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

I have always liked the 24k MM theme. It is available for Koush's ROM as well.

Dark Se 24K (Gold) Mm Theme! - CyanogenMod Forum

The transparent widgets (Pandora, Music, 2.1 News and Power Control are very nice)

It comes with Mixzing and Home++ pre-installed. You can remove them before you run the MM, but if you can't/forget you can open Root Explorer, set your system to R/W. Open up a terminal emulator and type:

su
    rm /system/app/mobi.intuitit.android.x.launcher.apk (to remove home++)
    rm /system/app/Mixzing.apk

et. Also, uninstall Pandora and Maps if you are going to be using the ones from the theme.

23. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

So what is the music app on this? I heard it was different then the one in other ROMs

24. andrew53517

andrew53517 Well-Known Member

It feels great, 5.0.5! Very snappy and quick! I really like it! It just feels smoother especially with the new 5 screen default for the launcher. I really love this ROM! Definitely a keeper! I can't wait for the new kernels this week!!

25. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

so how is battery life so far?