• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Rushmore, after Kitkat broke my Maxx and I returned it for another one, I refused the Kitkat update but it nags you incessantly every 12 or 24 hours. Don't remember. It will continue to Nag you to update, after it downloads automatically, every single day and will not quit. No way to turn it off. I asked Verizon and Motorola. They both said just refuse it.

Upvote 0
My concern is more to do with the complete update that also impacts hardware. Radios in particular. I see no value since my device already performs great. What I will notice is a need to remove apps due to the loss of storage.

I have 2.4gb free. That means I will need to remove at least 2GB of apps and likely 2gb more, depending on the current compression of my apps.

IMO not worth it since no issues with my N4 as is.

I can sympathize with you, but I can't agree with you. I'm taking the update. I may wait a week and prolong it to see how others are reacting to it, but unlike you, I'd rather have the update. I also can't understand how many apps you have installed as we clearly use our phones in different ways. I have a 64GB SD card that's about half full in there now for general storage needs (which actually has some GS3 NAND backups that I probably will never need again). My phone has like 19GB free as of now...so I'm ready for the update from a storage perspective.

Upvote 0
Rushmore, after Kitkat broke my Maxx and I returned it for another one, I refused the Kitkat update but it nags you incessantly every 12 or 24 hours. Don't remember. It will continue to Nag you to update, after it downloads automatically, every single day and will not quit. No way to turn it off. I asked Verizon and Motorola. They both said just refuse it.
If you're rooted use fotakill or edit your build.prop to reflect the update and it should leave you alone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones