5.1 Channel on Music Player

Do you use the 5.1 Channel option on the Music Player?

1. Yea, it's awesome I use it all the time!

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, it sucks.

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  3. It's alright, I use it sometimes.

5 vote(s)
    20.8%

Last Updated:

1. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do you guys think it makes music sound better or worse? On some songs I think it helps on others I think it is bad.

Advertisement
  2. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

It just makes it sound... different. I always turn it on for movies tho'. It does make a positive difference there. Makes it sound more 'theatrical'.

3. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Different is a good word to describe it. Its kinda just like hitting the loudness button. I would not say worse but maybe not better either. I have used it but I rarely listen to music or watch movies with the headphones so I've only used this 2-3 times

4. iPenguin

iPenguin Well-Known Member

When listening to music I've found that the "trebbley" sound it produces gives me a headache... but when I watch movies I love the effect. Just my couple of pennies.

5. Gevis

Gevis Well-Known Member

Music really isn't meant to be listened to in 5.1, and then you may not even hear (let along get a positive difference) depending on what type of headphones you have.

Converting stereo sounds to 5.1 to listen on your stereo headset definitely isn't exactly too practical. However if you actually have some surround sound headphones, it may actually increase the quality.

Anyways I just use in ear buds and listen to pandora because i dont really like the music player.

6. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I either use it with Bose Head Phones, Klipsch image s4 in ear earbuds, or car stereo, which are all very good. Mostly in the car though and I think it changes what the song is supposed to sound like it makes the sounds too sharp, i wish I could adjust the settings for it. But I love the music player, especially being able to change from the lockscreen and fromt the notification bar.

7. ironhorse

ironhorse Well-Known Member

As far as music is concerned it distorts the sound badly. I use it to watch movies with my ultimate ears ue-11 pro but listen to music in stereo.

8. Linlyrocks012

Linlyrocks012 New Member

I want to test out the 5.1 ch on my phone but it says I have to disable all found effects, my ringer volume is off but it still won't work what el kar do I have to do??

9. Lodingi

Lodingi Well-Known Member

Yeah I can't get it to work while listening to music.

10. sho95

sho95 Well-Known Member

Got to more options-settings-change eq and effects to normal.

As for the sound quality of 5.1 it all depends what head phones or system you got it plugged in. On my head set it sound ok but prefer the EQ setting but on my Milwaukee Jobsite Radio 2790-20 sound great.

11. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Well in the month since I made my above comment I will say I do now intentionally turn on 5.1 anytime Im watching movies/video on my SF. It does sounds better to me with than without for movies/videos

12. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

I don't typically use it for regular music listening, but I do have a few concert DVDs that I have ripped the music off of and converted to MP3 and those sound pretty good with the 5.1 system I have in my office. Other than that, I only use it for movies.

13. ecpolo521

ecpolo521 Well-Known Member

I listen to electronic music(deep house, tech-house) and I have to say keeping my equalizer on normal and the effect on music clarity produces the best sound for me. Only use 5.1 for movies, which makes a huge difference.