• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 5 Batter Pulls since 3pm! Freakin out!

kickenwing13

Sep 19, 2010
Hey guys .. So a few days ago I rooted my Droid x with 2.2 ota. Used the one button method. No problems. since then have started working with Setcpu, Adfree, Wireless tether, Bootstrapper, rommanager and root explorer. I dont completely understand this process, but have been flying by the seat of my pants.

On set cpu i have the max at 1,000,000 and min at 300,000
For profiles i have
charging/full 800 max 300 min
Temp >50 600max 300 min
Battery <41% 600max 300min

I deleted my
Battery 20% 300max 300min because it seemed to be causing problems.

Advanced:
32000 sampling rate
50 up threshold
Ignore load 0
Powersave Bias 0

Using root explorer i've moved and renamed:

blockbuster.apk
amazonmp3
com.vznavigator.droidx
conversations.
Quickoffice.
skype_mobile.live

That is really all i've done. I've had5 battery pulls since 3pm today.. Can anyone please help

Not trying to be harsh here but if you don't know what you are doing, don't tinker until you do....

Remove SetCPU and see how that goes, if you are still having problems try starting anew with a factory reset and then tinker no more until you know what you are doing...

Some of these root apps are dangerous in the wrong hands and can cause serious problems..

My .02

Upvote 0
My first thought is the issues are having to do with SetCPU, AdFree or Wirelesstether.

The other ones are not doing anything unless you kick them off.

I have never had a problem with SetCPU, but do not use it to control the phone, just to stress test.

I would uninstall all three mentioned above and then shutdown, pull the battery and reboot.

Then use the phone as intended for a while and see if it is stable. THen add things back in, one a time and wait a day before adding the next.

Reactions: kickenwing13
Upvote 0
My first thought is the issues are having to do with SetCPU, AdFree or Wirelesstether.

The other ones are not doing anything unless you kick them off.

I have never had a problem with SetCPU, but do not use it to control the phone, just to stress test.

I would uninstall all three mentioned above and then shutdown, pull the battery and reboot.

Then use the phone as intended for a while and see if it is stable. THen add things back in, one a time and wait a day before adding the next.

Thanks for the replies guys. I deleted SetCpu and phone picked up immediately. May go down that road in the future, but not till i understand it.

Upvote 0
Remove SetCPU and see how that goes,

THen add things back in, one a time and wait a day before adding the next.

Thanks for the actual reply. Deleted SetCpu and things pretty smooth again.

Glad it worked...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the actual reply. Deleted SetCpu and things pretty smooth again.

Interesting. Why was that an "actual reply"? Because he didn't say something you didn't want to hear?

The first post recommended you remove SetCPU. I recommended you back off your root customizations (SetCPU is in that category) until you find out what caused it.

Both of us just observed that if you're "freaking out" after making a few root customizations and get some instability, maybe tweaking isn't for you.

Upvote 0
Interesting. Why was that an "actual reply"? Because he didn't say something you didn't want to hear?

The first post recommended you remove SetCPU. I recommended you back off your root customizations (SetCPU is in that category) until you find out what caused it.

Both of us just observed that if you're "freaking out" after making a few root customizations and get some instability, maybe tweaking isn't for you.

You guys are right. Just pissed with my lack of knowledge .

Thanks for the replies. I know i need to watch what i'm doing because i am lost with this stuff and ya'l were just pointing that out . For future references. How do you go about learning this stuff thought really.. I just am frustrated after weeks of reading up on this.. BTW. deleting set cpu did work. Thanks all that replied. Apologize for my ignorance and attitude

Upvote 0
For future references. How do you go about learning this stuff thought really.. I just am frustrated after weeks of reading up on this..

A lot of it is trial-and-error. Most of us haven't learned everything about the phone, and reading gets you part of the way but doing is just as important. That said, the way you phrased it in your post - that you don't understand and are flying by the seat of your pants - well, there is plenty to be read in these forums to correct that.

When you're tinkering, a logical thought process is important and you can solve most of these problems yourself. Of those things you listed that you did using root, logically what is the one thing that clearly dips its fingers deeper into the system that could cause instability? Removing the Blockbuster app? Or installing a piece of software that can actually alter the frequencies of the hardware?

It's always important to have a stable reference. I try not to make too many changes at once when I'm tweaking - modify one thing, use the phone for a while to make sure it's stable. Once I'm confident that it's stable, I can make another tweak. For instance, I recently installed the ApeX ROM. But I didn't overclock for a couple days after that - I had to make sure that everything was stable, because if I overclocked immediately, and the phone started freezing, how would I know what to blame?

Tweak a little at a time, and if something goes wrong or the phone goes wonky, don't stress about it. The SBF file is available so it's pretty much impossible to ruin the phone, you can always go back to the stock setup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones