• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$50 or $350 NetBook at Radio Shack

justjimjpc

Premium Member
Nov 3, 2008
Washington DC, USA
RadioShack.com

Acer redefines what it means to stay connected on the go with its ultraportable netbook.

Weighing in at only 2.2 pounds, the Acer 8.9" Netbook has built-in mobile broadband Internet that provides the ultimate in mobile freedom - fast, reliable Web access anytime, anywhere on AT&T's super-fast 3G network.

Features
• 8.9" CrystalBrite LED backlit LCD screen with 1024x600 resolution
• Integrated CrystalEye™ webcam
• Intel

It's specs like that, that only reinforce my distaste for netbooks. With the two year contract you have to sign to get the price, you're going to end up paying the same amount for a respectable laptop in the long run. Why not just buy a real laptop? No real surprise that the CPU isn't mentioned.

I am interested in one just for the size .... and would be nice to have XP and Android on it ... use my existing Wireless broadband

Upvote 0
It's specs like that, that only reinforce my distaste for netbooks. With the two year contract you have to sign to get the price, you're going to end up paying the same amount for a respectable laptop in the long run. Why not just buy a real laptop? No real surprise that the CPU isn't mentioned.

Here are the Tech specs ....

This One is the One.
Acer

Upvote 0
I have one of the Acer's. I like it. Its nice to toss in camel back when biking somewhere. Only issue I had was no cd drive, but had an external sitting around, so realy no issue.

Kool ,,, i Checked one out at Radio Shack ... Are you using an Internal ATT or an External BroadBand from another carrier ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones