• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

50%, Silent call bugs?

gish

May 21, 2010
If you have the 50% bug sometimes, does that make your phone more likely to have the silent call bug? I got my phone less than a month ago, and have only occasionally had the 50% bug, and want to make sure it's not indicative of having a defective unit.

If you have the 50% bug sometimes, does that make your phone more likely to have the silent call bug? I got my phone less than a month ago, and have only occasionally had the 50% bug, and want to make sure it's not indicative of having a defective unit.

Well, the silent call bug is indicative of a defective unit, in my opinion.

We've seen reports of those two particular issues in the same device, many times, however I'm not sure if they necessarily go hand in hand, as you ask.

If I had that silent call bug I'd be back in that store post haste for a replacement, if a factory data reset did not remedy it first.

Upvote 0
They certainly do not go hand in hand. At least in my case. My phone works perfectly fine, other than the 50% bug. Some Moto Droids also have the 50% bug and it uses normal vanilla Android so I think its more of a 2.1 issue than an Eris specific one.

That 50% thing seems to be a display issue in 2.1, although we've seen some report that their battery life suffered following its appearance with 2.1.

Upvote 0
That 50% thing seems to be a display issue in 2.1, although we've seen some report that their battery life suffered following its appearance with 2.1.

I was among those who originally believed it was affecting battery life, but since then I've decided it's just affecting the battery meter, and that affect goes away with time as long as you're not constantly doing the airplane mode trick. (When you do the airplane trick, you're training your battery meter to only work correctly with the airplane trick.)

Upvote 0
I was among those who originally believed it was affecting battery life, but since then I've decided it's just affecting the battery meter, and that affect goes away with time as long as you're not constantly doing the airplane mode trick. (When you do the airplane trick, you're training your battery meter to only work correctly with the airplane trick.)

I've been wanting to hire a sky writer to get the word out on that.

Expensive these days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones