50% without signal bug please helpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. katydid99

katydid99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just updated my prl per another thread which incidently didn't change and now I have the dreaded 50% without signal bug as well as awake and up time at 100%! PLEASE HELP!!!! I am a newbie and have no clue what to do as my phone was fine until I updated the prl (which didn't change!)

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

plug your phone into the charger.

put your phone into airplane mode.

let the screen dim until it goes black.

unplug phone, and take it out of airplane more.

50% w/o signal now gone.

you're welcome.

wyzird and katydid99 like this.
  3. Neera

Neera Well-Known Member

Try and put the phone in airplane mode for a minute, then turn Airplane mode off again.
    That should get rid off the 50% without signal bug. You should start seeing the % go down soon.

This has to be after every reboot though, it won't get rid of the bug permanently.

4. katydid99

worked great thanks!!!!!

5. katydid99

Dumb question....if I didn't have the bug how did I just suddenly get it? Just because I updated my PRL it gave me the bug???

6. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

Has anyone proved whether the bug has any affect on battery life if left un-fixed? I know it affects the battery *meter*, but I personally don't see a difference in actual battery life regardless of whether I do the airplane mode fix.

7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

According to an old message by OTD, and my own experience, the 50% without signal bug doesn't actually cause a battery problem - it's just annoying. In fact, as I recall OTD's message, she stated that after many hours (double digits - 40 something I think...) that the signal bug went away. At that point she had chosen to no longer pay any attention to the bug, as I had already been ignoring it, I chose to agree with her. :)

8. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member

Yea i have the bug but it doesnt affect my actual battery time.

9. fmadrigal

fmadrigal Well-Known Member

It does mine. When my battery signals me that I'm low and I don't charge it, my phone turns off...I don't see it as just a "display" issue.

I'll fully charge my phone wait about 10 minutes and i'm down about 10% w/ light usage and almost everything turned off (this is w/ the 50% bug)...it sucks! I even tried a battery usage once at it matched my displayed batter indicator exactly.

10. ilikemyeris

ilikemyeris Well-Known Member

i've tried using the method above & seems like i still only have 2 bars of service??

11. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Doesn't affect my battery life at all. I never payed attention to it when I updated. In fact, I have better battery life than I did in 1.5, so I really don't think it has any affect on most phones whatsoever. It's just a software glitch where it won't display the correct signal information or something.