502 Text messagesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

I always get these whenever I turn my phone back on, anyway to disable it?

2. DXGypsy

DXGypsy Well-Known Member

Are you using handcent or some other SMS app over your stock text messenger?

You would open handcent>menu>application settings>default messaging application>all (SMS +mms)

That will eliminate any double texts. As for the text counter, if you mean the one in your notification bar on startup or reboot, I don't know how to stop that, but you can just hit clear and it is gone until the next time you reboot.
  3. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

I am using SMS Pro, and I black listed the number but the normal messenger keeps receiving it.
  4. ShinySide

ShinySide Disabled

Disable all the settings in the stock sms
    Kuzco likes this.
  5. Kuzco

Kuzco Well-Known Member

I shall give it a shot, thanks.
  6. Jane doe

Jane doe New Member

I have the same problem, I have pansi text msg app on my phone, and I only get those msgs from that app. I have noticed that everytime I get an email from my aol account I get that 502 msg at the same time. So I think its an txt noticatio.n, if u have email notications turned on
  7. tomoko1b

tomoko1b New Member

That is what happened to me, I downloaded that handcent today and it started happening. now that i enabled the sms & mms per the instructions you gave it seems to be ok now thank you and how did you figure that out?