1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

551 install problemsSupport

1. abhijeetbose09

abhijeetbose09 New Member

Hi friends, i m using samsung gt 551 from one and half years now and have been constantly facing some or the other problem.
    now suddenly i m facing lots of problem together
    1) i cant connect my phone to my pc through usb, the phone is getting charged but it doesnt show the usb symbol and neither asks weather i want to connect through usb or kies.
    2) i cant install any app (.apk file) through my sd card. it shows installing but nothing happens.
    3) i cant install anything from the market because the install and download option doesn't appear
    4) in the cell phone's application manager, it is not showing the size of any application. It just prompts computing and then nothing happens

i have tried rebooting
    i have reset my phone to factory default
    i have also tried connecting my phone to other usb ports and other computers too, but nothing changes

pls help :mad::eek:
    thanx in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. karandpr

karandpr Well-Known Member

Get the phone flashed to stock firmware .
    Samsung firmwares have a roughly life span of 4-6 months
    Then it starts degrading of sorts (no scientific reason to support ,just experience )
    Factory reset soesnt help since it just flashes /data which is pointless
    One of the reason every reputed manufacturer releases a firmware update regularly .
    It sort of flushes the system
    However Samsung has not released a update for some regions like (Asia ) since one and a half year .

What you can do ?
    If it is in warranty .Go to Samsung care and ask for firmware flash
    if not or you want to take some risk
    check this thread and manually flash the firmware
    http://androidforums.com/551-all-things-root/480888-odin-stock-rom-tutorial.html