56fps capSupport

Last Updated:

1. saps

saps Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well ladies and gents it appears our beloved SF's have a 56fps cap on them. I you don't know what the means nevermind. If you do, you're probably like me and are a tad bothered by this. I think we all know the EVO was capped at 30 until a fix came. 30 is a crime. 56 is more tolerable but still yet its the principle that bothers the [H] in me. Apparently this is the case across the Galaxy S family line up. Not sure, this can or will be adjusted in a future update.
    If you wanna confirm it yourself try this little and I do mean little app: Fps2D free from Market. I'll take a nickel for everyone who averages 55. Its not just here but this goes a ways to explaining why every Galaxy S NeoCore's between 55-56 as well. :rolleyes: Oh well, whatever

Advertisement
  2. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Is there really any discernible difference, at all, to a FR of say 65 fps compared to 55fps on a phone of 4 inches?

I find it extremely hard to believe that 55fps on a phone in insufficient for anything. If this is true, for me the cap seems moot.

3. saps

Yeah pretty fair point. Again, its more of a principle thing for me. 56fps is probably good enough for most. Just like 1Ghz on the cpu is probably good enough for most. Perhaps Im in the minority but I do want more than 1Ghz is the cpu is capable; which it is. I also want more than 56fps is the screen/gpu is capable. I dont know maybe is a SuperAMOLED issue?

4. saps

Now this is just pissing me off now:
    [​IMG]
    Refresh Rate 68Hz according to Quadrant. So either quadrant is wrong or someone is gimping us 12Hz. Again this probably only bothers the [H] but still.