• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5G speeds already around the corner

What do u consider true 4g speeds? i get 560 kb/s download at my house with 1 bar. I've seen 893 kb/s download and 718 kb/s upload in a good area.

Yeah in some places metro caps the speed. You are getting more than double the speed than me. Maybe when 5g comes out i will get full 4g. I still love my phone and service even though.

I'm jealous... :D

Upvote 0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

my 4g speed lol.

Did it really take just over three hours to upload that screen shot?
Or are you on moon time "Your location" lol:D

What rom are you using? It seems that your loosing approximately 4% of your battery in 7min and at that rate you will only get around 4 hours of battery. I noticed your screen shot before your edit.

Metro please bring on the 5g....

Upvote 0
Before, these advances came from the United States; now they come from India. I guess selling our knowledge to foreigners and weakening the culture of this country was not a good idea. Well, I know it doesn't seem that way now. Let's talk in 10-20 years...

I see that the article seems to come from news source in India, but the research is done by Rice University, So what I get out of that is that the Research is about USA technology not Indian. That being said perhaps the fact that an online new paper in India is covering something like this and yet we have not seen it covered in the USA is a sign for concern.

Upvote 0
Europe's had LTE for some time, they have Advanced VoLTE - speeds up 72mbps!..

metropcs is actually in the works of building VoLTE which will; increase data speeds, voice over 4g and talk and use data at the same time (browse the web and talk, etc)

yes metropcs cows their speeds for now as they want to maintain the structure..the snapping was supposed to be at the end of dec..but it was pushed back..untapped to 16mbps...that's quick for mobile

5g won't be ready for a bit but sure it will be nice as 4g is pretty epic at high speeds. sometimes clicking on the wrong link..I can't hit the stop "X" fast enough lol

Upvote 0
I normally get 7 to 10 Mbps with metro lte 4g.

Really? Please post a screen shot of that.

MetroPCS CEO says top maximum speed of Metro's LTE network is 8mbps -- due to them pushing LTE through such narrow channels on unconventional frequencies. And that's under perfect conditions. I've not seen anything over 5+ myself.

Make sure the test is on Metro's LTE network and not wi-fi. I get 10mbps all the time through my wi-fi, courtesty Comcast when I'm at home. :)

For instance, this looks like a decent LTE speed, right?

speed-1.png

BUT it's not LTE, it's from wi-fi. You can tell when you go into the "Results" section:

wi-fi-1.png

___

EDIT: Ah, I see you live in Dallas, TX, where MetroPCS HQ is located.

Still, I'd like to see a screenshot where you show you are not on wi-fi?

Upvote 0
Really? Please post a screen shot of that.

MetroPCS CEO says top maximum speed of Metro's LTE network is 8mbps -- due to them pushing LTE through such narrow channels on unconventional frequencies. And that's under perfect conditions. I've not seen anything over 5+ myself.

Make sure the test is on Metro's LTE network and not wi-fi. I get 10mbps all the time through my wi-fi, courtesty Comcast. :)

For instance, this looks like a decent LTE speed, right?

screen_20120112_0756.png

screen_20120112_0758_1-1.png

___
no problem bud

Reactions: ShinySide
Upvote 0
2 late i got his ip and im gonna give it to metro pcs and tell them chazz rooted his phone............LMAO!

That was not my home IP, it was the corporate IP.

I also just grabbed another screen shot and changed the original to the new one -- to show that I am getting MetroPCS signal, while also being on wi-fi. One bar -- but still getting Metro signal.

Click here to see it.

So, doing any speed tests you have to make sure you aren't accidentally measuring your wi-fi connection speed instead of your MetroPCS data speed. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones