• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5LINX VELOCITY V2 tablet - HELP

WarSxNes

Jun 14, 2013
Tablet's specifications:
BRAND: 5LINX
MODEL: VELOCITY V2
BUTTONS: POWER, and a little hidden button. (no volume buttons, or home included)

5linx-velocity-android-tablet-version2.jpg

https://5linxvelocity.5linx.com/default.aspx?rin=L392298&affiliate=5

Ok... that was a nicely post, BUT... When I read this part: I QQ

You'll also need to have USB debugging enabled on your device
That was very sad. BUT... why that say:

which can be found under Settings >> Applications >> Development.
That is like you know in a specific day you will forget the password. That has no sense. o.o?

In my case my daughter was playing with her tablet and I don't know how the hell LOL (sorry to say it) she put a password, but she did.

Well... I TRIED and followed the instructions on the video, but I got this error.
Also, installed the drivers Android Debug Bridge (ADB) I guess a little popup window should appear when I plug in the tablet right?

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not foundy:
So I guess I never enabled USB debugging. How I was to be expected that I had to activate it. lol sad very sad.

---------------------------------

Another idea?

I only have two buttons, power and a little hidden button. And I only get access to the screen where appears an android robot with a red triangle. (pressing power and the tiny button at the same time, then I release the power button and keep pressed the hidden button until the screen with the android robot with the red triangle apprears) But nothing more.

I know the next step is press the volume button, but that evil etablet hasn't it.

And, if I let loading the OS, then desktop (idk how you call it) appears and ask me the password.

-------------------

Help... Help,,, =) what can I do?

Upvote 0
OMG I suxx,,, sad too sad..

Ok, That should have been a great way to bypass the password. BUT OOOooOo krishchis!!!!@#$ Now, I remember a couple days ago I turned OFF the WiFi on the tablet. ((yes the evil icon is grey))

So, If I'm not bad, to unlock it you need get access I mean the tablet to wifi to get sync with google play right?

------------------------------

When I was reading the article, I watched another ad that sent me to:
How to flash VIA 8850 Tablet PC
I know this is another brand, but I remember 5LINX support told me something about of REFLASH the tablet, but they said can't help me cuz I don't have a warranty and the software had copyrights

Do you think guys I can do that? I mean reflash the tablet using a MicroSD?
If yes, exist a universal Android OS for all devices or I need a specific OS?, I was watching a video how to install linux ubuntu but I guess I need wait.

--==RESUME==--
BUTTONS: POWER, Little hidden button, (no volume buttons included)
WIFI: is OFF
USB Debugging: is OFF
THANK you for your patience and your time.

HELP... HELP what can I do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones