5th Replacement phone 6 on its wayGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Droid_Inc

Droid_Inc New Member This Topic's Starter

As the heading states, I just receieved my 5th replacement phone in two weeks. Quick summary, 1st phone was great untill update, battery life went south, with the help of Vz Tech staff, tried to reset, could not get the reset to work, 2nd Phone would not charge, three different chargers,
    3rd Phone, bad radio, 4th Phone, would not recieve emails unless the phone was turned off and back on, 5th phone, anytime I would receive a call, change notification settings the phone would freeze and had to pull the battery. I have spent hours with tech support and all They can do is send another phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Ecks

Ecks Well-Known Member

Someone doesn't want you to own an android ;)

3. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

hey bro I'm on number 5 myself!!!!!! if this one shits out im asking for a fascinate
    i got this cos i went thru 4 eris's and now its been about 8 android phones in 8 months

4. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

You guys must be cancer to electronics! I've never had to return a single cell phone for any reason.

Lefort1, Crashumbc, spence341 and 5 others like this.
  5. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

phone 1(brand new) - camera lens was pushed in(after buying a $500 phone and needing to have it for two years I want it to be perfect) - this was within the first 24 hours of receiving the phone from FedEx after waiting 3 weeks due to back orders.
    phone2(brand new)- speaker blew
    phone 3(refurb)- speaker blew
    phone 4(refurb)- I think the recovery partition fudged up could have been from rooting, it was the weirdest thing, I flashed a ROM, shadow ROM to be exact(but not blaming that by any means), and instead of seeing my splash screen, I hear 3 beeps and black screen and the notification light is casually blinking green. I freak out. The only thing I can do is get into HBOOT mode, which took my phone from S-OFF, to S-ON(even weirder) and if I tried to get into recovery or start the phone or anything it would just 3 beep and blink the green light.. Well after some messing around I plugged it in and get a red light, so I turn it on, and it works,.. I think yay im saved.. no I pull out the power cord as its booting up and bang, 3 beep black screen blinking light. so I pull batt again!, and plug it in red light, turn it on and wait.. it fully boots!, it works normal, giving me root privileges still (even though it was clearly s-on) and I try a reboot, band 3 beep. so I pull batt and plug in get red light, and go to hboot(still s-on) and with it plugged in I could get into recovery, which was still cwm.. so Ithink sweet! and wipe everything and try installing a ROM to no avail without the power cord. eventually someone saved my life and got me a signed PB31IMG.zip for me to flash with s-on to get me to stock. it still gave me 3 beep without plugged in to power. but at least I was back to stock to send it back for my phone number 5 which is working good so far, and I'm not gong to be flashing ROMs like a mad man.(yes the MD5 matched up before I flashed the ROM, as I always check before ever flashing anything.
    phone 5(refurb) working good.

this is within 3 months.

6. Bob Denny

Bob Denny Well-Known Member

"Blown" speakers are most often a result of ferrous particles (steel/iron shavings) being sucked into the speaker opening and lodging on the transducer. Are you a mechanic or a machinst?

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

wow guys ive never returned any cell phone ive ever had ever... maybe im just lucky?

8. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

I would have gone with a different phone after the 2nd one died/failed/blew/etc...but that's just me.

9. Adamx

Adamx Well-Known Member

it's you.

10. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

1st phone was crippled by the Froyo 3G issue which I now know could've been resolved by me flashing a new radio. Did not know that at the time though. On my second phone now.

11. k.electron

k.electron Well-Known Member

i dont understand. the phone was great before the update. now its stellar. battery lasts 1.5 days easy and this is stock battery. best phone out there period.

12. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

+1
    2 strikes (maybe 3) and you're out!

13. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

One would have to wonder. I've never had to return a phone and that's going all the way back to a Moto Startac.

14. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

Another case of PEBKAC? These devices aren't perfect, but I really don't see how you can get 6 flukes in a row. Now if UPS was shipping them to you, I could understand.

15. Stupifier

Stupifier Well-Known Member

+1

16. true

true Well-Known Member

one word:

root.

17. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Well-Known Member

Actually, statistics says someone WILL get 6 bad phones in a row.

I'm sure the OP would rather of won the lotto though.

Now the 2 blown speakers I tend lean to environmental (even if accidental). One thing I don't like about the Dinc is the speaker is more open then a lot of phones.

18. jayjay1122

jayjay1122 Well-Known Member

three words:

Not For Everyone!

In all seriousness, there are issues that being rooted or not simply has no bearing on.

Besides, as I mentioned above, rooting is not for everyone...it can be tedious and dangerous for some.

19. ACD168

ACD168 Well-Known Member

You guys can bash me all you want, but I do take very well care of my baby. and maybe i have bad luck, maybe my phone is in the wrong environment, hense the blown speakers and the particles. but i will NOT change phones, i chose this incredible for a reason, its dank. if the samsung fascinate get a sense ui ROM ported to it, then maybe id consider buying that. until then sense is my common sense,

20. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

No one is bashing you man. Personally, I would have given up after the 2nd or 3rd phone. I was already considering switching with the horrible random rebooting I had before I rooted. But I'm glad I waited.

21. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member

I am on my 3rd and will probably get this one replaced. Ever since Froyo its ran like donkey poo...yes I did a reset after the update.

22. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

Right, not bashing, just questioning. As stated, there may be environmental reasons for the failures.

23. true

true Well-Known Member

with enough research its painless.
    and i wasnt implying that it would fix a blown speaker, but all those other software related issues should be resolved by rooting...

24. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

i am in the same boat my first one went bad and the rest is history. especially when getting CLNR i feel like they dont even fix the problems thet just make fedex rich by having to send junk back and forth from the customer to vzw.

i also agree froyo is terrible at least for me. i never had good battery life i just used two batteries which was fine but now the battery life is a joke.

hopefully the next phone or replacement works for you because when the Dinc works it is so awesome!

25. Droid_Inc

Droid_Inc New Member This Topic's Starter

Got this Friday, all seems to be going well. Would try to root, but comapmny owned. Thanks for all the replys.