• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

idk.. haven't tried it. lol.. uh oh.. does it not work w/ froyo?

Definitely does not. You broke my heart!
cry2.gif

Helix2 immediately force closes. Helix1 works, but FCs literally 50% of the time. Hit the home button once, works fine. hit it a second time... FC.

Upvote 0
so i downloaded the onix via rom manager, and then ran the install. ....expect now it is stuck on the eye boot. and yes, i've tried going into recovery, and even that doesn't work! i dont know what else to try! it doesn't loop, it litteraly just stays on the eye. any ideas?

Any ideas? Try posting this in the Onix thread, not this one. Also, Did you wipe first? Did you DL a kernel? Try resetting and not trying to enter recovery. Once it boots, flash SPR, then flash clockwork again. Then try again.

Upvote 0
jrummy - at first I thought you were advertising someone else's ROM b/c he had made a new 2.2 derived ROM - no names, but I think we all know who I am referring to... *cough bd cough*

Any particular reason you chose Kangerade for the name? :p

I choose kangerade because any 2.2 rom is a knag from the leak... ie.. it's not built from source.

Reactions: johnlgalt
Upvote 0
Just switched from BB 0.1 and then Nexbeast 0.1.1. My battery life was just horrible with those two. REALLY like the look of this ROM. Hoping battery life is as good as the ROM looks. Nice work Jrummy.

I also switched from BB 0.1. to this rom last night before I went to bed. Usually I charge my battery before I go to bed and when I wake up 8 hours later the battery is at 80% with BB; however after the switch I woke up this morning with my battery still at 100% with this Rom. Keep in mind my weather widget refreshes every 2 hours. The big test would be during the day. :D

Upvote 0
What is different about how this rom is made that makes it "blazing fast" compared to BB?

Well...not seeing any speed increase so far. I have decreased in speed from BB V0.1 BUT, I have noticed that with every 2.2 ROM I've flashed, there seems to be a day or two break in period. My Benchmarks are running in the mid 1400's range but that has already improved from 3 am when I got all my apps set up and moved back to SD card.

I'm running 78 external apps (not included in the ROM) so I really have this loaded down. Good news is that I have over 100MB of free space thanks to TiBu being able to move all of my games and large apps to the SD card. No compromises with 2.2....you can have all the apps you want! :D

I need to get on the "Donate" button for this one...I said that I would donate for a pink theme to allow me to replace my wife's 2.1 JRummy Remix (wanted to get her on Froyo and she wouldn't leave the pink :rolleyes:). Fitting that JRummy was the one to get it done for me!

Nice work JRummy...donation is coming ;)

Upvote 0
There's no significant difference. You're not going to see major speed increases, or anything truly special, until the source is released.

That said, JRummy is awesome, and this is a great ROM. I did notice some speed issues running NexTheme, though, so I went back to stock. Some odd issues using Market on NexTheme, too. Apps weren't there, but when I switched to the stock theme, all the apps showed back up.

Upvote 0
Just wanted to share a quick benchmark compare between the Nextheme version of this ROM and Fab's NexTheme ROM based on Pete's Bugless Beast Froyo...

Benchmarks are pretty much identical for me (using Chevy's 1.0GHz LV kernel)...1250 Quadrant, 15.5 Linpack, low 200's shortbench in SetCPU.

So both appear to be nice, fast ROMs...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones