• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

Tried out the blue themed rom today.. phone will not stop rebooting. I'm not even using the phone, it's just laying there on the desk and reboots for no apparent reason.

I agree with trick did you wipe the phone first? Been running the blue them for 4 days now with no issues. Wifi, camera, wireless tether, syncing all seem to work well. I am using the chevy LV 1.1 GHZ kernal with it. Highest Battery temp ive seen in 98 degrees F when i was using it for a while.

Weather apps works too. There has been intermittent issues with the weather app where the temp wont appear but i think its the app not the rom, I called my brother who is not rooted and has the same issue.

good luck.

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having problems with pages autofitting in the browser? On stock browser and dolphin HD, neither will autofit now.
Not a deal breaker but very annoying.

I had this problem at one point in dolphin hd cuz I changed some setting which I couldn't figure out. I reset dolphin to default settings in the settings menu and that fixed it.

Joe

Upvote 0
Anyone else having a problem with the CPU Temp on SetCPU on this rom. 90% of the time I reboot, the cpu temp says -40.0C (-40F). The other 10% it seems to work.

The battery temp has been working fine.

Joe

That is because the CPU temps will not work yet with any of the Froyo kernels... I'm not sure what SetCPU is trying to use there but none of the current batch of Froyo kernels have the necessary file needed to read the CPU temps... the kernel devs are aware of this and working on a fix...

Upvote 0
+1

This is the best Froyo-based ROM I've flashed yet. Donation's on the way, kiddo.

+20 on that... The only problem I have with JRummy's ROMs are getting them off my phone :p... Been using his Remixes of Cyanogen since I first rooted, and everytime I try another ROM it only lasts about a day or two before I'm right back to JRummy...

I owe him like 12 beers... :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to play any .mp4 movies with this ROM. I just tried to play one of the movies on my phone last night while in class (I know, right?...:D) but it FC's everytime and says that it can't play the format. I KNOW the videos played fine on 2.1 with the default player cause I have the same movies on my sd card.

Anyone know if this is a ROM or Froyo issue? If not...I'll have to try and find the app that could be causing the problem. I did try a 3rd party video player and same error.

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to play any .mp4 movies with this ROM. I just tried to play one of the movies on my phone last night while in class (I know, right?...:D) but it FC's everytime and says that it can't play the format. I KNOW the videos played fine on 2.1 with the default player cause I have the same movies on my sd card.

Anyone know if this is a ROM or Froyo issue? If not...I'll have to try and find the app that could be causing the problem. I did try a 3rd party video player and same error.

Just tried playing one and wasn't able to. I used the default player and the player that came with Flikie Wallpapers HD.

Upvote 0
Still loving this ROM. Again, great work. The only thing I'm having a problem with is wifi tethering. Wireless Tether for Root Users, which I've been using, will download but will not install. I can, however, get Barnacle to install but it doesn't appear to be broadcasting. I can't see the Barnacle SSID on my laptop or itouch. I'm thinking this might just be a kernal issue but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how you fixed it. I did a complete data/cache wipe on install and chose the P3 1200LV kernal from the list. I was using a P3 1200LV kernal with BB 0.1. and wifi worked great but it might be a different release. I just hate to change kernals being that this one is so stable, fast and works so well in all other areas so far.

Upvote 0
Still loving this ROM. Again, great work. The only thing I'm having a problem with is wifi tethering. Wireless Tether for Root Users, which I've been using, will download but will not install. I can, however, get Barnacle to install but it doesn't appear to be broadcasting. I can't see the Barnacle SSID on my laptop or itouch. I'm thinking this might just be a kernal issue but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how you fixed it. I did a complete data/cache wipe on install and chose the P3 1200LV kernal from the list. I was using a P3 1200LV kernal with BB 0.1. and wifi worked great but it might be a different release. I just hate to change kernals being that this one is so stable, fast and works so well in all other areas so far.

I dont think barnacle works, i tried it and nothing.

I am using chevy lv 1.1 with wifi tether and it works great. My laptop sees it with np

Upvote 0
downloading this rom now. I have to say, I never new the full potential of Rom Manager until this download! I almost expected it to ask me if I was right or left handed. Vary option detailed install so far, can't wait to try it out!

I would love to see more explaination of options, but I'm not complaining. Just a 'wish list' item.

eventually it will be it's own little market-like app.

Upvote 0
downloading this rom now. I have to say, I never new the full potential of Rom Manager until this download! I almost expected it to ask me if I was right or left handed. Vary option detailed install so far, can't wait to try it out!

lol...I know. Same experience for me. Happy to have it ask me in a popup, rather than have to do it the manual way (without rom manager) and run scripts to get it setup the same way.

Joe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones