• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

My google maps wont update with this rom, but I do love this rom.

Anyway to get the google maps to update (it downloads and tries and always says unsucessful)

In the world of never ending updates...I'm sorry to say that you are probably better off to update. You can fix the map issue but you have to go and delete the maps.apk off your phone and then I think you had to push the new app using adb to get it to work. I'm sure the exact fix is posted somewhere in this thread but I wouldn't waste too much time on finding it. Just use that time to update your ROM.

My advice, just update to the new ROM that JRummy has released. It is called lithium mod and it is among the highest rated ROM's currently listed at this site.

Here is the link.
http://androidforums.com/roms-droid...d-source-built-awesomeness-themes-galore.html

Upvote 0
i flashed this last night cause with several other rom i flashed were all running very hot with several different kernels tried on each and not much useage, someone had posted in another thread that this rom was one he could run without getting hot and i concur....it hasnt heated up like the other ones, im on stock kernel....i am running the blueberry theme............thanks jrummy..i know this is an older rom but i still like it...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones