64 GB Micro SD Card Support?General

Last Updated: 2011-12-21 00:01:47
  1. ChampoiKoi

ChampoiKoi Member

I'm looking to pick a SGS II S next week and was perusing the Wikipedia page of the SGS II and noticed under specs that it supports 64 GB Micro SD cards, though over at AT&T, there's no mention of 64 Gig support.

Does anyone know if this variant supports it or not? Would be so awesome if it did.

Advertisement
  2. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I thought it was up to 32 but I could be wrong.?
  3. AdamdangA

AdamdangA Active Member

32gb is the max
  4. ADRz

ADRz Well-Known Member

No, it only supports 32 GB but this may change upon revision of the firmware. But it also includes 16 GB of internal storage for a total of 48 GB. Considering how expensive phones are that include this amount of storage, I would not complain (especially having paid just $149 for the phone.
  5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

64gb is a big ?

Tons of resources say the phones will support the 64 even though official specs state 32gb Max. No one knows for sure

One thing is certain.. cloud storage is on pace to make SD cards a thing of the past.

I don't care for it, as I need that storage for pictures taken etc ...there is also the matter of connectivity. That cloud storage is not access able without a connection.
  6. 4Gee

4Gee Member

You can get a Seagate GoFlexHome to access all the files you put on it from your phone anywhere. Pictures, video, MP3 etc... you can have 1Tb or 2TB of your own 'cloud'.
  7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

as long as you have a web connection ;)
  8. jeffpzy

jeffpzy Member

There is a thread over at xda about using a 64gig card. It is for the GS2. I would post the link but can't cause I'm new. The thread ID is 1343187. It has you partition into two 32gig primary partitions. Haven't tried it but read away!
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  9. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

[HOWTO] Link2SD a SanDisk 64GB microSDXC on a T989 - xda-developers

there ya go.

Welcome, and thanks for jumping right in!!

for those not aware, the t989 is nearly identical to our phone
  10. ChampoiKoi

ChampoiKoi Member

yea, thanks guys. after I posted this, I did some digging around and found that video on YouTube of it working on a S2 and figured it would work on the Skyrocket, too. it's 149 over at Amazon now, which is 70 bucks cheaper than on Sandisk's site, but I might wait till it hits a cool G.
    Mr. Ed likes this.
  11. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Yeah they are still a bit pricey for me...but definitely watching the subject!