• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 64 GB MicroSD card issue

Olsonknight

Lurker
Jan 23, 2014
Hello, I own a Samsung Galaxy Player 3.6, and I recently have bought a 64GB microSD card, because everyone was telling me it was compatible as long as I formatted it in the device. Sometimes, when I format it in the device it registers as a 64gb card, but when I restart the device, it tells me that the card is broken again. I have also tried formatting it in my computer. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, or if I bought the wrong card or whatever. All help is appreciated. Thanks!

I got my 4.2 player to format a 64gb card ok. Once loaded with media, it took annoyingly long for the stupid media scan to run, holding up almost any use after bootup. So i swapped it with a 32gb. My archos tab handles 64gb better since it also handles disk drives. The 3.6 is by far the most disappointing player design... I have them all... So maybe isnt as card capable as the 4.2.

Ps... There have been many fake cards sold such as on ebay. You can format but not use them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones